• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alright guys, what are the warmest gloves out there?

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Glenwood,MN
I went riding yesturday with my new arctiva gloves and my hands just about fell off:eek: they were so cold, it was about 5 degrees out, but come on..I then tried a pair of columbia gloves, they worked for a while and then got cold. I was wondering what you guys wear and how good it works. Of course, I had to trail ride the whole time whuich I am not used to.:eek: Thanks, Mike

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
Spend the money and buy Klim gloves. I have worn my Powerxross gloves on
-5 degree days. You won't be disappointed.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
bring 2 pair , change them out half way through the day

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Well if you want the warmest out there you buy Mittens over fingered gloves. Keeping your fingers together keeps your hands much warmer. Only downfall is getting used to a mitten type design when using the throttle and such. I ride with Burton AK fingered gloves for riding. If the fingers freeze on them, I take out my second pair which are Burton AK Mittens. They are like little sleeping bags for your hands...

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
The klim Togwotee gloves work extremely well in the cold. Also, have a removable liner if you get too warm. Very versital glove.

E
Nov 26, 2007
Well if you want the warmest out there you buy Mittens over fingered gloves. Keeping your fingers together keeps your hands much warmer. Only downfall is getting used to a mitten type design when using the throttle and such. I ride with Burton AK fingered gloves for riding. If the fingers freeze on them, I take out my second pair which are Burton AK Mittens. They are like little sleeping bags for your hands...

The Burton AK mittens are the shizz! Great for the ride in and out, highly reccomend them. I use klims on the mountain....awesome glove.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, CO
I just posted this same thread about a month ago. I too bought some arctiva gloves and ended up freezing the tip of my finger. I finally just spent the money and picked up some klim togwotee gloves and they work great. Havn't had cold hands since.

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
True North Adventure Gear also makes a great glove there I have never had my hands get cold inless I take them off for a period of time and I dont have hand warmeres.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I've found that by using thinner gloves, it actually allows the heat from the grips warm my hands. I love my TNA storm gloves, back up gloves are klims. Always carry spares

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I take along 3 or 4 pairs of wool liners to use inside my nylon outer glove and change them out when they get wet. This system has worked for me over the years, I also pack some mittens for the cold trail ride if need be.
Scott

T
Jul 13, 2001
UTAH!!
2 Warmest Pair of Gloves I Wear.....

....are the dry pair I put on at lunch and the pair I put on to ride the trail out with. Spare dry gloves are the answer. I put the next pair in my jacket next to my body and they're nice and comfy when they go on.

T
I bought my dad a pair of scott gloves and they are sooooooo warm granted they were 100$ he only uses them once and a while when it is really cold. Other wise he rides in mechanics gloves and i usally ride in my mitts with my grips turned on

Arctiva Gloves Tank

Yep bought a pair of arctiva's from dennis kirk and they suck. Bought some TNA storms, ok if you leave them on, found out thats true for the arctiva's also just don't take them off like I tend to do and their alright but if you get you hands wet cold they and the TNA's will never recover. Old Field Sheer/Cold Waves,(yes they have both names on them), are like furnaces but a little bulky. Glad I didn't pay retail on the arctiva's or TNA's.
I think it'll be better after I get my hand guards on my rev, will be warmer
the factory high windshield dosen't give enough wind protection for the hand
warmer to dry out/warm up a pair of frozen gloves.
The XP's look worse but they have hand guards.

Premium Features