• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does McGregor stand a chance against Mayweather?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Only takes one hit for a KO... so yes. If it goes the full length, no, absolutely not.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
He has a Very!!! good chance. He has speed and youth on his side. Boxers punching power dwarfs MMA fighter because that is all they train for to generate punching power. MMA fighter can generate power but its substantially less and that has been proven by sports science. McGregor is an unorthodox fighter and is very light on his feet. He is able to come at you from all different directions very quickly and very precisely. That is something normal boxers can't do and don't normally see in the ring. They stand in front of each other and throw bombs and move very little when compared to the MMA Fight game. If MCgregor stands toe to toe he will more then likely lose. If he uses his speed to close the distance to strike and then get out he will do very well. I dont Like Mcgregor because i feel he is obnoxious but you can't take away the fact that he is a very good at what he does

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
this is a key fight for Mayweather 49-0,:face-icon-small-ton would be a great 50-0 retirement record.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
he is retired also maywether is faster then McGregor, head movement....and on his bike I don't see any way in hell.,,,,,,,,,, this is such a disgrace for both sports........

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
Nope, it'll be a classic boring Mayweather fight. I predict Mayweather knocks him out in a later round. Mcgregor will get impatient and expose himself.

B
Jan 12, 2016
I liked mcgregor until I read an article about how he spent nearly 2 years poor and on unemployment or the equivalent in his country so he could train everyday. Goddam freeloader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
Straight boxing with the 10 oz gloves. Should be an interesting fight. If its done early, McGregor will win, via a lucky combo. Goes past 5 rounds conditioning and patience comes in to play: it will go to Mayweather.

Either way it's not worth the 100 bucks for PPV.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If you want to discuss the stamina factor... It takes WAY more stamina and cardio to go 25 minutes in mma than it does in boxing.
I'm around enough people that do both, I'm quite confident in my statement.

That element does favor Connor in this fight.

Last edited:

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
If you want to discuss the stamina factor... It takes WAY more stamina and cardio to go 25 minutes in mma than it does in boxing.
I'm around enough people that do both, I'm quite confident in my statement.

That element does favor Connor in this fight.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but Mayweather is known for his elite conditioning, but he is a lot older than Connor. The problem is that this is a boxing match, Mayweather is 49-0 as a boxer, enough said.

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Maywether is the worlds greatest bicycle rider and best track star the sport of boxing has ever seen. Would love to see McGregor destroy him but i dont think so. Decision to Maywether.

Certainly not doing PPV on this one!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I am very confident that most of you guys know a lot more about fighting than I do.
But I cannot understand anyone picking McGregor.
I think I have a better chance of having dry farts after eating bad pork than McGregor has at winning.

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
Let me start off by saying I am a big Conor fan, and despise Floyd on several levels. With that said..... Conor stands ZERO chance in a boxing match.

Conor is an amateur level boxer (low level pro at best), and is going against arguably the best boxer of all time.

Floyd is the best defensive boxer of all time, a true master of not getting hit. Look at how amateur he makes WORLD CHAMPION boxers, especially aggressive boxers (Gatti, De La Hoya, Hatton, Paq, Canello, etc).

Conor relies on distance and a wide base as an MMA striker, Floyd will see anything Conor is throwing from a mile away. Especially when you factor in using 10oz gloves. Going from 4oz to 10oz is huge. I suggest anyone try doing pad / bag / mit work with even a 4oz difference and tell me how big the difference feels.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Let me start off by saying I am a big Conor fan, and despise Floyd on several levels. With that said..... Conor stands ZERO chance in a boxing match.

Conor is an amateur level boxer (low level pro at best), and is going against arguably the best boxer of all time.

Floyd is the best defensive boxer of all time, a true master of not getting hit. Look at how amateur he makes WORLD CHAMPION boxers, especially aggressive boxers (Gatti, De La Hoya, Hatton, Paq, Canello, etc).

Conor relies on distance and a wide base as an MMA striker, Floyd will see anything Conor is throwing from a mile away. Especially when you factor in using 10oz gloves. Going from 4oz to 10oz is huge. I suggest anyone try doing pad / bag / mit work with even a 4oz difference and tell me how big the difference feels.

I don't disagree at all.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Loved watching their little media tour last month.

Anyone see Connor spar with the former WBA and IBF (or whatever) champ?
Connor had him on the canvas.

No former boxing champ is going to lay down for a non-boxer. Hahaha

Haha

Premium Features