• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Maintenance stand for slash?

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
New to the slash bumper deal. 2.75 tips are folding over on the ground waiting for snow. Slid a few 2x4’s under between the lugs for now. What’s everyone/anyone using for a stand? I can hang it from the ceiling or use jackstands on each side but not a big fan of that for checking track tension/alignment. Any ideas,bumper type stands around that work? Thanks

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
I bit the bullet and bought one of these sled lifts a year ago. Little pricey compared to the simpler options, but once I’ve had it, I don’t know how I lived without it. Makes sled maintenance so much easier. Hand crank or run it with a drill and 3/8 square drive. $300 ish 72068459-0988-4EED-BE58-8A64C85A4B45.jpeg

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
my old one is holding up the ass of the ‘79 trailfire. Can you actually run the track on those lifts without the sled falling off and driving through the garage door Mxracer? Seriously tho, I read a bunch of reviews that say those things are junk.
Any reliable help with which brand is worth a Sh*t from the forum experts would be welcomed.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Well since you asked... People who worry about their track folding over on their sled deck during transportation or while the sled sits in their garage suck at snowmobiling. That's my expert opinion. 😌 Some of the stuff people worry about blows my mind.

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
FCR112, I agree and can see why some give them questionable reviews, they are not the most rugged stand I could imagine, but it’s plenty strong for normal maintenance and I would feel ok running the track up a bit. They hold up to climbing on the sled while it’s on the stand. Makes skid work easy and It’s nice to be able to work under the side panels not bent over so much. I think it works great for $300.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
For maintenance i bought a bike lift as i also have 2 harleys to work on. 2 birds 1 stone. works great plus it gives you a place to put your tools while working on your sled or bike. To hold the track off the ground for adjusting tention I built a mini gantry that goes over the tunnel as i have a slash and the track hangs out the back

C
Dec 14, 2020
Well since you asked... People who worry about their track folding over on their sled deck during transportation or while the sled sits in their garage suck at snowmobiling. That's my expert opinion. 😌 Some of the stuff people worry about blows my mind.

This. Mine doesn't fold enough to worry about, and it gets a ton of power transferred through it on the snow that's actively trying to rip the lugs off. Not like sitting is going to hurt it.

Damn. Am I the only that is slightly disappointed when I agree with you? I just feel like there needs to be entertainment brought about by calling you names or something.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
look up Lift-A-Sled and support USA. Aluminum on coaster wheels is the only way to go. Unless you look forward to dragging Chinese steel around.

Premium Features