• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone put a polaris 155 skid in a nitro? Hows it work?

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
I'm hoping to pick up a nitro for next winter, and I know the stock skid sucks, and that's not going to work for me as I ride pretty hard. I won't have $1500 for a timbersled, suspension. So I was thinking how would a Polaris 155 skid work? I have ridden the new 155 skids quite a bit, and they seem like really nice skids for a stock sled. Boost might come after about two years, but we'll see. How would this skid work with boost? I know guys are turboing dragons and keeping the stock skid, but how would it be under a four stock with boost? So ya just wondering if any one has done this, and how it's working for you?

T
Nov 27, 2007
Grande Prairie,AB
That would make it a yamalaris,Don't do it!!! Just up grade a few simple parts on the nytro skid. Also way easier then changing the whole skid. Just ask your dealer how to stiffen it up.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
haha, yeah that it would. I know I could go with the apex springs, and olins shock, but while I'm spending $$$ into the sled I would like to lose some weight. I might just have to save up the coin and buy an after market skid.

N
Nov 27, 2007
Just instaled a 08 800 163 dragon skid in a trx1. I`m a little concerned about ski lift hoping the 174 and a little more pressure in the rear walker evans will help

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
Ok neat. I wouldn't mind ski lift, I live in Alberta, where it's flat, and only head to mountains a few times per year, so ski lift makes it more interesting when riding at home. :) How was it as far as mounting points? Was it way off from the stock RX1 skid?

N
Nov 27, 2007
The mounting positions were the same on the front ? but a few inches back
from the 151 original mounting position on the rear. That is with a 174 track.
Skid is about 25 pounds lighter than the original.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
O ok. I have been told by one guy, who said he looked into it, that on the Nitro the mountain positions are way diffurent than the polaris skid ones. But I don't know what all would need to be moved, if it would mean just the rear holes like on your RX1, or if the whole skid would need new mounting holes. I'm trying to find out, but I was hoping there was someone out there who had done this same thing. Maybe there is no one.

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
JUST CONTACT TIMBERSLED THEY HAVE A FEW THINGS THAT WILL BE CHEAP AND YOU CAN DROP 10-15 LB OR SO. Get rid of the lead filled muffler

T
Nov 27, 2007
Grande Prairie,AB
Not sure if this will help you or not. When i had a polaris i went from a 136 to a 144 and all i did was measure and move the front mounting hole back on the tunnel and move the mounting bracket for the back as well.My polaris dealer told me how and it worked out fine and every thing fit in nicely. Hope this helps you.Travis

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
Not sure if this will help you or not. When i had a polaris i went from a 136 to a 144 and all i did was measure and move the front mounting hole back on the tunnel and move the mounting bracket for the back as well.My polaris dealer told me how and it worked out fine and every thing fit in nicely. Hope this helps you.Travis

That's for just moving the skid back right? I'm just looking to find out how far off the mounting points are, to see if its a reasonable thing to do.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
check out nextechs upgrade for yammi rear suspensions. it replaces the rear shock and torsion springs with a fox float. you will be able to run a much stiffer and adjustable suspension. also it would be cheaper than a dragon skid. www.carbonsled.com

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
If you move the mounting point you need to reinforce the tunnel .
so you may loose strength unless you do a good job there .

KMOD is tough and at $1100 including the 0 pro shocks a steal of a deal.

If you like jumping and rough housing the timber skid is not the answer for you--more of a deep powder than a free ride skid.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
Ok well that's good stuff to know. I don't beat on my sleds, I just ride hard. A lot of ditch banging type riding. But need a sled that will take me to the mountains the 2-3 times we go in a year. That's why I'm planning on the Nitro MTX, with a few upgrades it should be perfect for what I need. I just have to figure out what to do with the suspention.

Premium Features