• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3" track on stock belt drive???

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
OK looking at putting a 3" camo on an axys with stock belt drive.
Can I just put the stock drive axle out of a chain case sled with 3" pitched drivers in a sled with the stock belt drive and run a center punched 3" camo?

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Yea but I like to not have to mess with that if the drive axles would interchange from chain to belt drive sleds.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
OK looking at putting a 3" camo on an axys with stock belt drive.
Can I just put the stock drive axle out of a chain case sled with 3" pitched drivers in a sled with the stock belt drive and run a center punched 3" camo?

Yep

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Second question will the stock belt drive hold up?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
If you take the driveshaft out of a chaincase equipped sled, and put it in one that originally had a belt drive, your pickup for your speedo will not work. They are mounted in different locations. Best to press the different drivers on and use your original driveshaft.

I have not see an AXYS in person, but I think your statement is not accurate. From perusing the online Fiche both the QD and the chain case equipt sleds; the speed sensor is mounted just in front of the Jack shaft on the right side and it reads the holes in the brake disc. Correct?

Since swapping driveshafts does nothing to the jackshaft / brake disk, IMO he would be fine and speedo would continue to function as designed.

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
Ran a 174 3" on my 13 boosted pro all winter. Stock quick drive with fire n ice belt deflector. No issues. I think they have their issues behind them now. If I was buying a axys it would be the belt drive and then a 3".

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Last weekend 2 pros had the issues that do not exist.

1. A-arm glue let go, less than 400miles on the sled.

2. Quick drive belt broke.

GS6

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Last weekend 2 pros had the issues that do not exist.

1. A-arm glue let go, less than 400miles on the sled.

2. Quick drive belt broke.

GS6

Also had a buddy lose cogs a quick drive belt on the second ride after a turbo but it was a stock belt and the sled has well over 2000 miles on it...he isn't known for maintenance.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Many guys have installed the TKI belt drives on their 3" sleds. also if you want to convert a 2.6" sled to 3" then the TKI belt drive will allow gearing down which is what they really need with 3" tracks.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Many guys have installed the TKI belt drives on their 3" sleds. also if you want to convert a 2.6" sled to 3" then the TKI belt drive will allow gearing down which is what they really need with 3" tracks.

What would the final gear ratio be with the quickdrive and 3" drivers?

I've heard many claim that the 3" trenching issues might be due to being geared TOO low. Lower gearing isn't always the answer. The CORRECT gearing is the answer

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
2.12 with 3" 7 tooth drivers and stock axys qd sprockets
2.28 with 3" 7 tooth drivers and 13-15 pro sprockets

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
If you take the driveshaft out of a chaincase equipped sled, and put it in one that originally had a belt drive, your pickup for your speedo will not work. They are mounted in different locations. Best to press the different drivers on and use your original driveshaft.

I have not see an AXYS in person, but I think your statement is not accurate. From perusing the online Fiche both the QD and the chain case equipt sleds; the speed sensor is mounted just in front of the Jack shaft on the right side and it reads the holes in the brake disc. Correct?

Since swapping driveshafts does nothing to the jackshaft / brake disk, IMO he would be fine and speedo would continue to function as designed.

I believe you are right LH!

To add to this... the steel driveshaft (chaindrive) will go in place of the aluminum driveshaft (QuickDrive™)... but not vice-versa.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
For the guys that have installed the 7 tooth extro's how much did u cut off the rail tips? Who's antistab kit did u use?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
For the guys that have installed the 7 tooth extro's how much did u cut off the rail tips? Who's antistab kit did u use?

1) Can't remember. (I think about 1.5")

2) Can't remember. (was ordered from WPS?)

L

luongo01

Feb 24, 2009
quebec
can we adjust the track properly because 3" track sled the rail is shorter aprox:5/8 "if i swamp 2,6" for 3" x3 162 it will fit or not

Premium Features