• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 RMK Matryx Track Questions

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
I am trying to figure out if on the 2022 Matryx if Polaris used the quick drive belt for both the 2.7" and the 3".

The parts diagrams seem to only offer the quick drive belt system for either option but just wanted to verify so was hoping someone could confirm this. The Axys models had a chain case for the 3" but it appears Polaris standardized on the quick drive belt option for the Matryx platform.

I have hears so much bad press about the 2.7" durability that I am thinking about switching to the 3"

Any info will be appreciated.

xring60

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2008
Mountains
I am trying to figure out if on the 2022 Matryx if Polaris used the quick drive belt for both the 2.7" and the 3".

The parts diagrams seem to only offer the quick drive belt system for either option but just wanted to verify so was hoping someone could confirm this. The Axys models had a chain case for the 3" but it appears Polaris standardized on the quick drive belt option for the Matryx platform.

I have hears so much bad press about the 2.7" durability that I am thinking about switching to the 3"

2022 + RMK's used the quick drive in all track configurations, 2.6 2.75 and 3.0. The trail sleds still used a chaincase. We've been using 3'' and larger paddles on quickdrive models for years. Polaris finally caught on..

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Thank you for the confirmation.

Wondering about others experience with the 165" x 2.75 Serries 8 tracks on the 2022 RMK. Worried about the durability.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Thank you for the confirmation.

Wondering about others experience with the 165" x 2.75 Serries 8 tracks on the 2022 RMK. Worried about the durability.
Paper mache.

Sell track when new and go to a lynx or camso 300LX.

Least overall cost.

The 3” track sleds don’t come with anti stab or extroverts.

J

jarred kale

Jul 21, 2022
USA

The parts diagrams seem to only offer the quick drive belt system for either option but just wanted to verify so was hoping Kodi nox someone could confirm this. The Axys models had a chain case for the 3" but it appears Polaris standardized on the quick drive belt option for the Matryx platform.

The dealer or Polaris representative will be able to provide you with the necessary details and guidance regarding the belt drive options, including any potential concerns or recommendations for durability based on their experience and knowledge of the product.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I checked my track and it did have the outer guide numbs so must be a bit beefier. But, I am still leaning towards changing to the 3"
I have both and would say the series 8 has about the same traction, trenches less, makes the sled more playful but the series 7 is a bit less likely to get damaged, pushes more and is less playful.

Premium Features