• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Does Your Rev Summit Weigh

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Like it so well I am putting one in my XP 860 this summer also. Well worth the cost and an easy install; it performs as advertised in the steep & deep.

If you want it to work even better Tom,s snowmobile built me a Evol-R rear shock for the TS skid.I,ve put a total of 4 on local sleds now.He can add the E-vol chamber to your shock and re-valve,not to $$ either.ride much smoother,adjust ride height and bottom resistance is adjustable as well

K

kbl6z

Mar 8, 2009
auburn,wa
If I were to put a rear suspension in mine it would either be toms or a timbersled. How much better does the rear suspension work with evol r chambers on the shock?

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Nice sled Slim, like the wrap too. everyones posts are cool too let keep this one going, I need to get my sled weighed still, I`ve done alot of mods to it almost all of them are in my signature but there is more just only alows the sighnature to be so big or so many letters or words.

I have recent pics and will post them this weekend,

Where would be the best place to buy an offset axle for 8inch wheels?? I have an offset axle in the sled now but it was sold to me for 8inch wheels and is actually for 10inch wheels, unless someone wants to trade me there 8inch offset axle for the 10inch offset axle I have, only cause I already have the 8inch wheels. wildcard28@msn.com

Thanks, Wildcard
IMG_0676.jpg

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
If I were to put a rear suspension in mine it would either be toms or a timbersled. How much better does the rear suspension work with evol r chambers on the shock?

It totally changes the skid. You set ride height on main air chamber then set bottom resistance on the E-vol chamber.Its super plush for the first several inches of travel then moves into to E-vol portion for remainder of stroke

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
It totally changes the skid. You set ride height on main air chamber then set bottom resistance on the E-vol chamber.Its super plush for the first several inches of travel then moves into to E-vol portion for remainder of stroke

That's why I'm thinking of getting the new Timbersled with the EVOL shocks.. Should be a nice set-up compared to the stock suspension I had to band-aid to finish the season. :face-icon-small-dis

K

kbl6z

Mar 8, 2009
auburn,wa

Timbersled it is. Now to save some coin to get one.

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
Reebs, why did you want the coupled rear suspension in there?

My sled has all the above stuff removed and not many of the expensive parts to reduce weight so I'm sitting at the middle of the road for weight. The only thing I plan on doing this summer that noone mentioned is get rid of the steel limiter adjuster and just have the old strap with holes in it. Should save a couple more lbs I'm sure

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Wildcard, did you put something behind your side panels where you drilled all those holes, if not won't your clutches get wet?

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
What's the best way to weigh a sled? I have been meaning to weigh this REV for ever now!!

Last edited:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Wildcard, did you put something behind your side panels where you drilled all those holes, if not won't your clutches get wet?

Hello Cubby, Yes the back of the side panels have fine pet proof mesh glued in behind all the holes top, side and the rear of the panels. I might change my design, I`ve been thinkin about it and think I`m going to make some vents that will cover the outside of the holes and be flush like an aftermarket vent kit you can buy, cause I am concerned with if I get on a good powder day and get snow all over the side panels and I was to wipe the snow off the panels to clear the holes I`m thinkin the snow would just collect in the holes against the inner mesh and just clog the holes, if you get what I`m talking about, the side holes concern me , not to worried about the rear of the panels.

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

Wildcard

Premium Features