• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What Does Your Rev Summit Weigh

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
oh and wildcard, if you look at the rear picutres of both of sleds, and you know the 2 rubber hold downs that hold our side pannels on? look right below the lower rubber hold down on my and yours and see if you can tell the difference where my foot well space is bigger and yours is smaller. thats the foot thing I removed.

I was thinking of trimming the side panel to more of a Pro look. That way I figure I could get my toe in the corner of the footwell and be angled out instead of back. Doesn't seem like it would hurt anything except the guide that runs along the underside will be useless, and I fret snow getting in the clutch area if that guide isn't used any longer. Whaddya guys think?

attachment.php

ThedirtyMexican06.jpg

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin
07 Summit X, 565#

162 2.5 Camo Extreme
Ice Age Rails
D&R Kit
8 x 3 Avid Drives
(2) 9" Rears
Ice Scratchers
Snow Eliminators
Newest Boss Seat (still junk!)
Fox Floats in Front
Alt 36" A-Arms
Skinz Can
Electric Start w/ lighter bat.
Full Skid Plate
Extended Steering Shaft (2")
9" Riser
6 Gal. of Gas
Full tank of Oil
Spare Belt
Tool Kit
TNA Saw
50' Rope & Pulley

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I used a never scientific fish scale.
Stock rear axle with wheels installed vs CF set-up. My stock wheels weighed about 2.5lbs each with bearings. I have most parts sitting on a shelf at work.....will be weighing them again on a digital gram scale if you really are interested.
3 sets of wheels under the skid with supports in a carboard parts box - ahha I forgot and must say, I was weighing a 162 skid(which has a lb more aluminum? than a 144 skid)
You remove every second clip off your track and tell me different. Honest 4lbs alone, I also cut off the driving nubs that aren't used by the extroverts but didn't include them in the weight loss as they only weighed about a lb if I was lucky.

Did you catch the fact I was second guessing myself and not believing the weight loss of my sled? Because I have a full mod that weighs 420lbs running with a gallon of fuel. My REV is ATLEAST 20lbs heavier and I would suspect even more just by heaving them around the shop and the like. And OEM's weigh sled parts, not actual sleds. Meaning no grease, no oil, no coolant, definately no fuel. Hence the disclaimer that the 468lbs number was BRP's published dry weight. I'm not into wrecking my Rev by making it featherlite, I want it to be dependable and bulletproof. Lightweight doesn't float my boat on this sled, got no reason to lie.
Now if someone has a dry weight out of the crate on these sleds....I'd bet that means my sled is between 440-450lbs.

So pulled out the gram scale today and set it aside the old fish scale. Here's what I found: Fish scales were calibrated by fishermen! I swear. Forgive me now, I will never use a fish scale to weigh something ever again....unless it's a less than desirable fish!

Complete Ski-Doo rear axle with wheels, etc. As it came out of the sled weighed 3.8lbs
CF Wheels and Freedom Axle - 3.8lbs
So absolutely no weight loss there. Forgive my earlier claims!

Stock idler wheel with single cast mount was just over 1.1lbs with the small bearing. My stock skid had 6 in it. Now I have none.
Posted weight loss 12lbs(fish scale remember)
Actual weight loss 5lbs.(Scratchers make up for the difference)

SwayBar - 5lbs. Found it out in the shed, fishscale says 8lbs.....gram scale says 5lbs.
Actual Weight Loss - 5lbs

C&A Pro skis are 1.2lbs lighter each than a Pilot. Both have wearbars only.
Actual Weight Loss - 2.2lbs

Handlebars, stock with all the trimmings - 4.2lbs
RSI set-up - 2.1lbs
Actual Weight Loss - 2.1lbs

Original post will now be updated.

D
So all these rev weight savings are awesome but what about that '97 Summit 670 you have in the garage! post som pics of that bitc#! I have one that will have a new engine, Twenty overbore but otherwise stock. I'm going to start modding the chassis, seat, bars, skis, shocks, skid and track(151") to get 'er feeling more like a new sled and just for the plain fun of it once she's broke in. By the way, my '05 800 151 will be in the Garage soon for some new(BRP updated...682) ball joints, maybe I'll be able to snag a pic or two so y'all can drool:hungry:

12-27-10 (4).jpg

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
So all these rev weight savings are awesome but what about that '97 Summit 670 you have in the garage! post som pics of that bitc#! I have one that will have a new engine, Twenty overbore but otherwise stock. I'm going to start modding the chassis, seat, bars, skis, shocks, skid and track(151") to get 'er feeling more like a new sled and just for the plain fun of it once she's broke in. By the way, my '05 800 151 will be in the Garage soon for some new(BRP updated...682) ball joints, maybe I'll be able to snag a pic or two so y'all can drool:hungry:

Sorry but the S chassis I had in my garage has been stripped and am parting it out was converted to a 98` 700 tripple, I have all kinds of parts for the s chassis if you are lookin for some, 670 parts other than the motor, cdi, harness fuel pumps etc... have yellow BRP skid plate, bumper, mountain bar many others I parted the sled out after purchasing my Rev chassis. to add mods to the Rev chassis.

Back to the Rev topic at hand keep the posts pics coming

Thanks, Wildcard

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
So pulled out the gram scale today and set it aside the old fish scale. Here's what I found: Fish scales were calibrated by fishermen! I swear. Forgive me now, I will never use a fish scale to weigh something ever again....unless it's a less than desirable fish!.

lol thats what i figured. i wasnt trying to be a dick, i just figured that was wayy too much weight loss. im glad you got your numbers all figured out. get that thing on a scale! i wanna weigh mine too but itd be a pain getting the "dry weight".

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
This thread abviously like mentioned is going No where no one Else is posting pics or giving any mod lists or even saying what there sled weighs so I guess might as well call it Quits!!!!

I figured this would be a good place for all the mod sleds everyone is showing off. Guess not.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Ahh why not....if anyone is interested in buying a Rev, here's a few pointers from my POV. In other words, what to do to make it a fun and inspiring ride for an everyday rider who does a bit of everything(jump, climb, tree-bash, race down the trails, etc)

I'm rockin a '06 150" X and with a few mods, it climbs with any new 800 all day long. Similar tracks(although not always :D) and similar power(near stock) need apply.
I wouldn't start with anything else than a '06 if at all possible. If not, only a few more upgrades needed.

Servicing the entire machine would be a priority of mine. Mileage on the the clutches, shocks, bearings and motor need to all be taken into account.

Then, the rest is purely based on your budget/time/wants vs needs.

My Handling List includes(in priority for me)

-Steering. I wish the first thing I would have done was move the steering post forward. I forgot what it was like to ride just that little bit more forward. From there I swapped my risers, handlebars, etc. Moved the controls to the dash and moved the risers and rotated the handlebars to where I was at that "perfect spot". Swapping bars and risers multiple times is common if your not sure what meets your comfort level. This mod, combined with trimming the end of the side panels so they are almost flush with the aluminum support. This enabled me to get right beside the sled when sidehilling. Major advantage when you have just that little bit more room to adjust when needed.

-Skis. Pilot 6.9's are a great ski. Some don't like them, I've sold dozens apon dozens of pairs of those things. With that being said, I really liked the DS skis when I got to put miles on the '11. And the price is right. I bought my sled used, and it had Simmons skis on it. I knew they were a great ski and finished a season with them. But they are heavy and I knew I wanted to run C&A Pros. I've run them before, and for what I want my sled to do, I chose these.(I do not like the fact they bite so hard when trying to counter-steer, just that initial twitch of the bars to get the sled up on its side can whip the bars out of your hands. But there's a remedy for that)

-Shocks. Upgrade the shocks, or entire skid-frames and front-ends. Preference is yours.
I lucked out and got almost exactly the set-up I wanted. Coupled rear skid, 150x2.5 track, X pkg shocks, CF A-arms and no swaybar. Some swapping and selling, but it was easily attainable with the sled I bought.

-Track. Preference really. Any track that a Summit has is workable. Even the Lite on the '07's(Depending on where you live, opinions vary). I had a 2.5x150 I wanted to use so that was a headstart in the finance department.

Engine List:
Refresh! Depending on mileage, the best money to spend on a 800 Rotax is preventative maintenance. After that, most used sleds will have a aftermarket can on them. If stock, best bang for your buck in the weight dept. is right here. From there(assuming you've got the clutches overhauled too, and possibly a reputable clutch kit to go with it) A higher compression head(if applicable in your location) wakes these up(especially the '07 R's) and still runnable on pump fuel. Pipes are not known to be big gainers on these sleds so the stocker is more than worthy. Reeds are another minimal gain if any. Moreso for me, I swapped for a freer flowing airbox from an '07, and made sure it was sealed tight and not able to suck hot air from the clutches into the intake. With that I would also consider the SLP intake kit as it proves another source of cold air when the main intake gets plugged(should also have a pre-filter if not equipped) I also installed a ex. vent kit as well as the Ski-Doo pre-filter kit over all of the stock vents.

-I would have done something in the engine dept. if it hadn't already been done for me. I bought the sled with a fresh SLP 163hp kit. The clutching supplied was bang on, but with the switch to the 150 vs. the 162 that was on it, and the gearing changes, I changed a few things, and it's really a headturner now. The sled just flat out works. Pulls hard, makes great track speed, holds rpm's, and backshifts like a dream.

From there it was vents to keep the air under the hood moving at all times. Helps with clutching and belt life as well. 2fun4u has a great product and great people too.

I kind of added other things here and there as I acquired them, some more important than others.
OX billet rewind was one that I wanted sooner rather than later. As was the bulkhead stiffeners and Quick Clickers. I've teeters on buying new running boards(cutouts) but mine are never an issue when clearing snow. I do want to taper the tunnel and install different running board edges, I think this will help in appearance, but also in the strength of the running board.
If I hadn't been hit with a landmine of a problem I would have a Tom's suspension set-up(shocks only) under it already. As well as new shocks up front(only because I want them though).

If you can balance the cosmetic, lightweight, hp-driven, and purpose items,and plan them out, it can be done fairly economically, and without trial and error(sometimes).

Last edited:
K

kbl6z

Mar 8, 2009
auburn,wa
Not sure what mine weighs but it flat rips.
Stock engine with cpi pipe and hps can.
Big john clutching
Stock suspension with wheels removed
Boss seat with tail light
Rear rack removed
And polished tunnel.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Hang in there wildcard ........... its summer! (Repeated post w/pics)

2005 Rev, SHR 700, 146 x 2.3 Camo extreme. 517 lbs fully fueled and ready to ride including (2) handlebar bags, (2) tool kits, extra belt, and a muffpot (not loaded :face-icon-small-hap ).

If you doo the back math, that comes out to 408 lbs dry & 150 + h.p. :face-icon-small-coo Gonna knock off another 6-7 lbs this summer with a front Altenative Impact arm install.

It spanks any 800 brand on the snow unless it is any 2011 with the 162+ tracks............. now its a battle.:boxing:

Timbersled Suspension rr.
Fox Floats all around
Boss Seat
Better Boards
SLYDOG Ski's and Bogies
2CoolAirVents
XP rear bumper
Paint by "LBdesigns" Menan, Idaho

05 Rev - Bee 4.jpg 05 Rev - Bee 6.jpg DooBEE Pipe.JPG DooBEE Rails.JPG DooBEE Can.JPG 05 Rev - Bee 8.jpg

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Nice sled Slim! Some days I miss the Rev chassis.

One thing that seems fairly consistant is the aftermarket weight loss claims, they are often exaggerated by 50%.. A good postal scale to weight stock and aftermarket parts tells the truth. Have even seen the occasional part that weighs more than stock LOL. There are a few guys out there being honest, our Alt. Impact titanium susp pieces were exactly what he said they were.

Premium Features