• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile trip to Steamboat Springs Colorado

P
Mar 28, 2013
looking to see if theres anyone interested in going out west riding with us...we have a 6 place enclosed trailer and room for 3...looking to leave april 3rd..we are from ohio so just looking to see if theres anyone local that may want to go with us

P
Mar 28, 2013
We dont wanna drive that far and have all hard pack...we wanna be able to play and stuff.....we called steamboat Powersports and they told us its hard pack thats why I asked on here

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Snow on the Ears is set up pretty tight. Had sun in the morning but never enough to soften up. You could find pockets in the shaded trees to carve a bit but few and far between. We knocked off about 1:30 and there were a few times that your ski would break through the hard pack. This combination spelled facelant for me on an open down hill slope with a tight turn at the bottom.

Storm was rolling in just as we left and it was starting to put down hail and pellets. Not stellar but still fun darting through the trees. It cleared off for a couple minutes just as we got to the overlook. You could see the Never Summer Mountains in the distance. Ill post up antychanges in weather or location. EW

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
How long are you going to be here.I may have end of week freed up could meet up and ride if you want to try something else I can take you to seedhouse.

Appreciate the offer. I think we might pull out on Friday sometime. We'll see how long it takes wifey to get ski'd out. I'm here staying with my son and riding with him. Lets see how your week shapes up. He says he has never rode seed house before. Ill keep checking back and see if you update. We might go have a few at Sun Pies after riding on Wed. Bar tender there is sons neighbor. Glad to buy ya one if your around. Have a good one. EW

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
My sons on leave from the marine corp. I could meet up there and maybe bring him along with me I want to take him riding to. Text or give me a shout.970-846-9099 Ian.

Left ya a voicemail but didnt hear back. The location I mentioned was a blast and we were the only ones there. Hope you got some time on the snow with your son. Tell him thanks for his service.

Had a great time in Steamboat. Way too much good food morning and night. Rode the gondola to the top of the ski hill Friday night, that is way more scary than any chutes in the area. It was a lot of fun but also another reason I may never ski. Could not talk any of the staff into letting me take a sled back down so I had to ride back down too. That was even worse. Sounds like the cable is breaking when you go over the towers and no foam pit at the bottom.

Had a great trip, glad I got to see it. EW.

Premium Features