• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro steering post relocation

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
well that work with a 2 inch riser bar and still have enough slack in the cables and wires

If you are using an OEM MTX riser I can't say... If nothing else it will be VERY tight. Get with MT and see where he is at for risers etc. This kit is designed for an OEM MTX sled and works well with that configuration, we haven't tested it with other variations.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Just rerouted them, no extensions...I have the pivoting PowerMadd" riser as you can see in the 3rd pic...I cannot remember if it is 2" or 3" rise...but think 2"...I am 6'2" and these are perfect for me...if anything a little tall...but with the angle moving forward with the kit, it makes it perfect...truly love the fit!!!

N
Jan 29, 2008
Being a flatlander here in Michigan and doing a mix of trail and boondocking why would I want one of these on my 2008 Nytro RTX which I haven't riden yet?

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Being a flatlander here in Michigan and doing a mix of trail and boondocking why would I want one of these on my 2008 Nytro RTX which I haven't riden yet?

If you take a look at this photo of an RTX, you can see the "dog leg" in the steering post/riser from the need to move the bars forward. If you put the riser in line with the steering post, the bars end up too low and you've got a pretty good chance of actually hitting the bars on the gas tank.

RTX.jpg

The relocator pivots the steering post upward and forward, and reduces or eliminates the "dog leg". It also flattens out the sweep of the handlebars when turning them. You will really notice the difference when transitioning from being seated to standing and when you turn the bars while standing. The bar end that comes toward you when turning won't feel like it's dropping lower when you turn.

Hope this answers your question.

scmurs :beer;

Last edited:
N
Jan 29, 2008
That makes sense. Will it be a pain to install with my MPI supercharger? When sitting will it feel like I'm stretching to reach the bars since I'm only 5'9"?

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
That makes sense. Will it be a pain to install with my MPI supercharger? When sitting will it feel like I'm stretching to reach the bars since I'm only 5'9"?

You'll actually gain more room between the steering post and the intercooler on a boosted sled. I don't think you'll feel like you're stretching to reach your bars. It's more like you won't be reaching into your lap to find them.;)

I'll be honest, it's a hard thing to describe. When I've put a sled with one on it next to one that doesn't have it and people have hopped on to feel the difference, the product really shines.

scmurs

N
Jan 29, 2008
You'll actually gain more room between the steering post and the intercooler on a boosted sled. I don't think you'll feel like you're stretching to reach your bars. It's more like you won't be reaching into your lap to find them.;)

I'll be honest, it's a hard thing to describe. When I've put a sled with one on it next to one that doesn't have it and people have hopped on to feel the difference, the product really shines.

scmurs

Will you be out here in Michigan for the Novi Snow Show this fall?

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Also want to know this, and how long does it take to ship to 13438. Thanks

We have not personally installed the relocator kit on an MTX with anything other that the stock riser, but MTDream addressed this a few posts back and he has put a 2" or 3" riser on his MTX with our relocator.

Apparently he is getting old and senile and can't tell the difference between 2" and 3" anymore :eek::p;)

All shipping is USPS Priority mail with a delivery time of 2-3 days for domestic shipments.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Great looking product boys - props to you all. My son will most likely have a 2010 Nytro MTX SE 162. Is this kit applicable for the new Nytro or did Yammi make changes for 2010 that would preclude adding this kit?
Thanks

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Great looking product boys - props to you all. My son will most likely have a 2010 Nytro MTX SE 162. Is this kit applicable for the new Nytro or did Yammi make changes for 2010 that would preclude adding this kit?
Thanks

Thanks Bigrock!

As far as I know, Yamaha did not change anything on the 2010 sleds. The microfiche for the 2010 models is partially up on their website and they did not change anything on the FX and XTX models. They do not have the MTX SE parts list loaded into their system yet. I have visually looked at the SE models and exerything looks the same and we should have one in the shop by the end of October to make sure.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
We have not personally installed the relocator kit on an MTX with anything other that the stock riser, but MTDream addressed this a few posts back and he has put a 2" or 3" riser on his MTX with our relocator.

Apparently he is getting old and senile and can't tell the difference between 2" and 3" anymore :eek::p;)

All shipping is USPS Priority mail with a delivery time of 2-3 days for domestic shipments.

2-3" is a rounding error when you used to the lengths I am.... :p

Premium Features