• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1200 Turbos - Where are they ?

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
I'm acutually a little sore my self today. Nothing like pulling out a terd all day. It's getting a little frustrating that an airbox cant stay together. It sure is fun trying to ride a turbo with an intake leak in tight trees :) I needed some exercise anyway.

sorry to hear about ur air box were were u guy riding

D

Doc Zoom

Nov 26, 2007
Helena, Montana
www.mountainmodmania.com
Coming off both an Apex turbo and a Nytro turbo, I love our new "Ultimate Ski-Doo". I know a lot of people are having problems with certain turbo kits out there. We went with Powderlites as I feel Dave has the best kit out there and this guy knows his stuff!

A couple of issues we ran into:
Need to install new head bolts or studs when putting the head shim in, as the bolts are torque to yield. Some sleds came in with blown head gaskets and the torque was checked and most were less than half of the original torque.
Need a new primary clutch, I chose Polar because this is the clutch everyone who has a fast 1200 is running and they have the right combo to make them work, plus they fit under the XP plastic. The secondary setup from Powderlite works great, I did hear the Shockwave helix is rubbing on the secondary and binding it up, so you need to grind out the slot to make it clear or it can lock up the secondary and the belt will try to saw the sheave in half.
The Micku's (Top Secret Shop) put the final tune in my sled and it runs perfectly. The RapidBike control box is the stuff! It has great fuel mapping, plus the ability to adjust the timing.
Just watch, the 1200 Doo is going to explode in sales next year!
I love the chassis (also helps that its a C3 Carbon one) and its way easier to work on than the Yami's.
As far as a turbo goes...Powderlite all the way, it just plain works!
We can run pump gas on 12 lbs of boost and 50/50 pump-race on 15#'s and the sled is wicked fast!
You will see us at the Big Iron and Big Dawg Shoot Outs with Q-dog doing the piloting. I won't make any promises, but I know we will turn a few heads!
Doc!

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
three came to the drags,man there was no lag [powderlite kits]micku's and dave moore's and dave from powderlite i belive they were running only 10 psi and they held there own,with a 3 inch 174 on daves not sure on kyle and brandon's, but great guys glad to have met the miku brothers and dave from PL ,thanks for coming guys and thanks to dave moore for letting my wife race his 1200 turbo. thanks for throwing my phat arse on it , all i can say is i've rode what i thought were fast sleds but thats a hole new world just does not stop pulling WOOOW thanks again guys, dave thanks a million wife said time to go 4 stroke and i will be going PL, GOOD LUCK GUYS IN FERRNIE

M

MR. TWO LITRE

Oct 25, 2008
Well the season is well on its way and i have yet to see the 1200T catch on like wild fire as was predicted ? Are there issues that no one wants to talk about ? I hear a reputable builder in Alberta will not build anymore of these machines due to nothing but problem after problem, so they said enough was enough.

How have the clutches been holding up ? Drive train ? Engine ? Etc ? What are the common issues that arise with turbo power. In general what are peoples thoughts on how they can be made better ?

Why so quiet ?

seen another ol timer doin some impressive chutes in eagles pass that was bob dixin ,his was workin :face-icon-small-hap

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
had mine out this weekend and the guys i rode with kept me in the trees all day thinking it would be hard for me>>>>>>>>>>>no such luck this sled tree bangs all day and we had 20 inch of fresh got to admit they were full flappers down and i realy only needed half or less never got above 5000 grand till we got to the big climbs then i could let her breath.......

I will say you need to go with the xp front end makes a big difference:face-icon-small-hap

Where'd you find 20 inches of fresh?

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
Was talking to mike irmen tonight he said the 1200 doos aren't so great, he went rising the other weekend and said 3 out of 7 doos went down from all different problems are the doos not doing so good?

B
Mar 9, 2009
well if there's anyone out there with a 1200 powderlites doo that is unhappy and wanting to sell for a reasonable price i might be interested! it'll be your loss!!!:face-icon-small-hap

C

cs1006

Jan 1, 2008
Found a good summertime use for the 1200 turbo or have to get a summer one and a winter one LOL

Last edited:
Premium Features