• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are you for it, Pro vs M8-PC, should cat make the changes

would you like to see the changes listed.

• Yes, I would like to see the changes made or at least an option

Votes: 138 87.9%
  • No, I like it how it is

Votes: 19 12.1%

• Total voters

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
If we got together and you wanted to prove it I would find some more setup snow where paneling out would show up real quick then I would drop down something close to 60* angle and cut across it,

There you go again. ;)

This is what 60 degrees looks like.

http://kidwoo.com/images/toga/IMG_0065.JPG

http://kidwoo.com/images/toga/IMG_0066.JPG

I know because I took these photos and went right after. I was so curious after the panic attack I about had, I measured it the next time I was out there skiing the same line.

I'm serious. Measure a slope (a slope, not some 20 ft tall wall bank on a road), rip a sick downhill turn into a sidehill and I will send you money for your dream suzukipro project.

And then I'll buy your second one :D

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
There you go again. ;)

This is what 60 degrees looks like.

http://kidwoo.com/images/toga/IMG_0065.JPG

http://kidwoo.com/images/toga/IMG_0066.JPG

I know because I took these photos and went right after. I was so curious after the panic attack I about had, I measured it the next time I was out there skiing the same line.

I'm serious. Measure a slope (a slope, not some 20 ft tall wall bank on a road), rip a sick downhill turn into a sidehill and I will send you money for your dream suzukipro project.

And then I'll buy your second one :D

Sixty degree on hard pack I would agree. Sixty degree in three feet of fresh might be doable but then it's not really sixty degrees anymore as you compact the snow closer to the hill giving the sled support. I can't do either so I'll just sit and watch you and Wyo!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Sixty degree in three feet of fresh might be doable but then it's not really sixty degrees anymore

......because it all rips to the ground and wipes out the whole hillside if it ever stuck to that angle to begin with ;)

I just like giving wyo a hard time because I'm a little jealous of his zeal (and I'm a skier who has a very good handle on what a sustained 60degree slope looks like....3ft of fresh only sticks to slopes like that without killing you in certain parts of the country). He's onto something that I really do respect because like him, I still think no one has created the ideal sled yet. Even though the concepts are staring everyone right in the face and it could easily be done right now.....not in some far off 'future' technology.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
If I can find a safe 60* I'm going to try it. 45* is easy and in an uphill my boards don't drag unless its deep. I'm pretty sure I already have done some close to 60* maybe closer to 55*. Its a rush. (don't try without a tether)

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
kidwoo I am with you, 60 degrees looks straight down when you are standing on it. Only the inside 3/4" of your ski is even dug in when on firm snow.
Wyo have you ever thought of doing a tube frame sled? You could design in all the geometry you wanted and it would be easy to change and repair. You would have to cover the tunnel with carbon fiber and the hood with mesh or carbon but it would be what ever you wanted and have that boosted Suzuki in it. Find an M8 donor sled with a boosted Suzuki and kmod and the rest would just be time and materials.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I raced a lot of formula Fords, little single seaters and they were all tube frame before monocoque(sheet aluminum formed into boxes for the chassis) or carbon fiber. They were very thin wall square tubing, cro moly 4130 and they were brazed together. Welding that thin metal made it brittle. Brazing is really old school and guys would give us crap about not tig or mig welding but the brazing was really strong and if you had crash damage super easy to go back to the first joint where it was straight and blow it apart with a torch. The chassis also had a little give to it so the vibrations wouldn't cause it to crack. You would need to have a set up plate or a dead level floor which is easy with the new epoxy kits. Then you have a solid level reference for measurements. The sled would probably be ugly but it would tough, light, easy to repair, relatively cheap and exactly what you wanted. Looking at sleds I wonder why the front and rear bumpers aren't tied together through the running boards and why their aren't rub bars on the outside of the side panels.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
why do these old threads keep popping up?

That reminds me though......Hey wyo, take some pics of what you did to your panels. That other thread won't show them.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Cool, thanks. Glad to get that covered.

Now post some damn pics of what you did to your panels. I'm shoppin :D

Premium Features