• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flying Saddle in Alpine - Terrible Service!!!!!!

G
Dec 1, 2007
Minnesota
Has anyone else noticed how bad the service and treatment is getting at the Flying Saddle in Alpine. We, as a group have been coming there for the last 8 years and treatment to customers is as bad as it has ever been. We always rent (6 months in advance) 5 or 6 of the cabins for a week, at least 8 to 10 riders. All middle aged professionals, salesmen, company owners, people who spend money and travel all the time. So we know what service is all about.

We as a group spend a chunk of change for rooms, food, drink at the Saddle. What's with, closing down the bar so early when people are there spending money sitting there drinking. 9:30?

And getting permission in advance to park our trailers/equipment, then taking our time away from riding to move them and get reprimanded from management.

Service has declined severely, heads up management - you won't see our dollars again. Ever!

Except for Amber in the restaurant, SHE WAS GREAT TO US!!!!
Food was good also.

One thing I don't understand, you have a captive audience of hungry guys in the morning, WHY DON'T YOU COOK BREAKFAST?
$15.00 - $20.00 per guy from everyone staying = PROFITS!
You didn't even have enough coffee in the morning, guys were standing in line waiting for a cup.

Good Bye Flying Saddle!
Hello - Pinedale Best Western! You treated us great!

If we ever go back to Alpine we will stay at Rockin M Ranch for sure. Very good ratings and I have had a good friend that has stayed there. He said they were awesome. Great service!

Just us or anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It's been two years since I last stayed at the Saddle. Both time I've been there it was good for me.

stahlecker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Western NE
Last week was my first trip to Alpine and was excited to stay at the Flying Saddle. But the continental breakfast was terrible. The jelly cups were no longer jelly. They had oatmeal set out but no microwave to prepare it. At least the cereal was name brand. If you wanted water you had to get it from the water fountain in the hallway. Honestly I think a Super 8 has a better breakfast.

The bar shut down super early. I mean last call at 9pm? The two nights we ate there it felt like we were inconveniencing the waitstaff when we asked for more drinks or even the menu. The food was pretty good but it just felt like we weren't wanted there.

The rooms were very clean. House keeping was great.

The Bull Moose up the road was awesome. Drinks kept coming. Food was very good and reasonably priced. We ate and drank there the last two nights.

We were a large group that probably averaged at least $35 per person per night for drinks and food.

That's a lot of missed income.

G
Dec 1, 2007
Minnesota
Service starts with the manager!

We found out real quick the the service starts with the manager and ends there real quick. He was quite arrogant and uncaring, it was all about him and not his customers.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear bad news and it sounds like incredible stupid business people.
We have been to Alpine only one time and we stayed at the Rockin M. I recommend it. Lodging only, no bar restaurant etc. But outdoor hot tubs! :face-icon-small-coo

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
stayed at the Rockin M ranch a couple times, great place to stay, nice cabins and service. cook your own meals and drink your own cheap beer while relaxing your sore body in the hot tubs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
I was with stahlecker last week, and have to agree, very disappointed. Planning the trip, I was excited because of the great reviews the lodge has always had. But after going there, I don't think I'll ever go to Alpine ever again. We drove 16 hours one way, mostly from the great reviews that Flying Saddle has had.

Cons:
Breakfast-continental breakfast that consisted of toast, bagels, NAME BRAND cereal, milk that was never full, and coffee that kept running out

Management-didn't ever feel welcome. When I went to check in I felt like I was inconveniencing them checking in at 7:00 during the Superbowl game.

Bar-again, why shut down so early? If you have a group of 5+ guys that want to drink and will be paying and tipping well, why close so early?

Pool/Hot tub-same as bar. Closed at 9:00 each night. Once you come in from a long days ride like we had in the rain, fill sleds with gas/oil, get back to the room, hang everything up or throw them in the drier, eat, it's already 9:00 without anytime to use their facilities because they're closed

Parking lot-how do you possibly get 2 inches of solid ice over your parking lot? Seems pretty dangerous and a lawsuit ready to happen to me

Pros:
Had fun drinking in the rooms. Tony Jenkins and the Ski-doo guys were pretty fun, as well as a "local" from Idaho we had drinking in our room for hours.

Pinedale seems more attractive, that is if I ever were to go back to the area to ride. I've found much better riding areas closer to home than 16 hours.

G
Dec 1, 2007
Minnesota
There has to be more unhappy renters out their?

We can not be the only unhappy people that have stayed at the Flying Saddle!

Let's hear from you! Comments? Good or bad!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
We can not be the only unhappy people that have stayed at the Flying Saddle!

Let's hear from you! Comments? Good or bad!

Stayed there in February, its nothing great but I really wasn't disappointed. Rooms were dated, but large and clean. Breakfast was very plain as stated above, but I wasnt promised anything great when I booked the room. Most of the time if a hotel has breakfast with eggs, meat, and such it all sucks so bad I would rather go hungry, so I was happy with a bowl of oatmeal and buttered toast (as said above there was definitely something wrong with the jelly).

Didnt deal with the staff much but was told I parked where wasnt suppose to the first night but it was fine because I got there late. She drew out on the property map where I could park, no big deal, and that was about the extent of my dealings with the staff.

I think that at the price point its a decent option for a couple of guys. If I had 4-5 guys I would stay at Rockin M instead.

rabidsnowmobiler

Lifetime Membership
May 27, 2011
I stayed at Flying Saddle 2 weeks ago and had a good experience. No, it wasn't a 5 star hotel but they didn't charge like one either! Rooms were clean and people were friendly to us. I would stay there again and would also recommend it to others.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Any guys looking for a good breakfast place in alpine I would suggest yankee doodles. Very good food and very nice people.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
2nd on Yankee Doodles!! Delish is also good it is a little place that makes homemade cake donut minis daily and homemade burritos daily good coffee.

Premium Features