• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please list pros and cons of Boondocker Kit for Nytro

X
Nov 20, 2009
Bend, OR
It seems that the boondocker kit does not get mentioned much when referring to turboing a nytro. I was just curious. There is a really good deal on BD Nytro that a guy is trying to offload. I don't want to get into something that I will regret. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks

W

wilbilly

Dec 23, 2007
mountain home ,id
BD kit

I helped a freind last year install a BD kit on this titaium nytro the sled ran hard all year long with no problems . i will say iam not a fan of the boondoocker box but on the nytro's it works great . i am installing a BD kit on my nytro as we speak . i had my pick of any of the kits to buy before i started this project and i went with BD because from what i have seen it makes big power with no problems the sled just ran hard every time we unloaded it . i will say i wish boondoocker would spend a little more time on the exhaust manifold i think they are leaving some horse power on the table

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
As long as you do not get their oil tank setup, you will be ok. Make sure that the turbo is oiled from the engine oil.
Other than that, it is a great kit at a fantastic price. If you want it to run better and not build as much heat, get the 2871 turbo.
The blow off valve is not sufficient for these sleds, but works.
The tank is a shatty fit. Wish they would have got it to fit ALOT better.

I would not hesitate to buy another BD kit for the Nytro, knowing what I know now.....but would make those changes right from the get go.

Premium Features