• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage Trailers

K

KG

Oct 12, 2009
Anybody have any opinions on Mirage trailers? Looking at them currently..

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
If used, inspect inspect inspect. If new inspect inspect inspect. Mirage is a great product with a lack of quality control I found on my trailer. Great looking trailer with some good features, but paint on mine was rusting after 4 months, the header on both sides of back ramp door cracked right through. you could push on the walls at back of trailer and it would sway at least a foot side to side. the fuel tank nuts came right off and tank was resting ontop of axle. I've seen a couple hitches that welds broke on route home from dealer to persons house. brand new trailers to boot. It's mixed, if I could watch my trailer being built to make sure no short cuts, I would buy another one. If not, too many surprises first time around to do it again.

K

KG

Oct 12, 2009
Ok thanks for the information. Are there any other reputable brands I should be looking into over one of them?

M
Mar 7, 2008
my mirage has been great.
a friend's new mirage the fuel tank came off also - while moving of course.
so would have to second the above comments.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ok thanks for the information. Are there any other reputable brands I should be looking into over one of them?

Just make sure you really look the trailer over. Look underneath and make sure axles are aligned, and tightened. If everything looks ok, you should be good. If any sign of wrong or lack or quality control, check next one out or buy different brand. I have never owned an interstate, but hear good things about them.

trickedout700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2004
Great Falls, MT
I had a used 2007 and sure it was used but honestly it was kept up and not abused and it showed. I believe it is how you treat them will determine how well they stay together. I liked mine so much i bought a brand new mirage and looking at my new one i really think they didnt cut any corners while building it.

Liv4snow

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Paterson Wa
I have had two of them my first one 28 ft all sport great trailer 2008. My second 2010 what a pile bolts breaking of and falling out all over the place.my next trailer will be a trails west.

CaptNCoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edgewood, Wa
Mirage

I've had mine for 3 years now. It's been great, no issues. It's a 2008 27 ft extreme. Fit and finish is better than the haulmark, interstate, and pace that I have owned in the past...just my opinion.......at the end of the day, they are all good trailers, it just depends on how big of a hurry they were in during the building process..

D

dale dalueg

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2011
Well here is what you can expect from Mirage on a two year old trailer with warranty and 10 easy trips on the pavement with 3 sleds and nothing else in the trailer.
Nothing...... So stay away from the Mirage if you can, do your research well on the poor quality control Mirage has.

trickedout700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2004
Great Falls, MT
I take it that you have had horrible experience with mirage huh. Hense all the posts on mirage trailers. There is nothing wrong with throwing out your side of the story,but I have had great dealings with mirage. And I loved my 6.0 Ford and everyone hated them.

Last edited:

swikertrob

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
www.miragetrailers.com
It's a shame.
It has come to my attention that Dale Dalueg made up his whole story concerning his Mirage Trailer.
He claimed to be the original owner; and he is not, when questioned, he then claimed he co-owned the unit with the original owner, he did not.
He claimed the axle failed after 12 months, it did not.
He claimed the repair cost was $5200, it was not.
He claimed Mirage ignored him, we did not.
He claimed he called the dealer where he purchased the unit, he did not.
He claims to be a “victim”, he is not.

He was very aware the warranty was not transferable from the original owner and did everything, including compromising his integrity, to deceive Mirage.
Mirage offered to repair his unit at no charge if he returned it to the factory, we now realize why he decided not to choose this option.
If he would have been honest from the start, there would have been a totally different outcome.
The fact that he started his own personal "smear" campaign based on lies, is disappointing to say the least, and directly reflects the absence of morals in some individuals.

This concludes this matter.

Premium Features