• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

One trailer to do I it all

Which Trailer to do it all?

• Haulmark 24’ Tri-sport, steel Frame, finished interior with heater ($21k)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ATC Raven Base car hauler 20’ unfinished interior $25k

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Alcom High Country 24’ Box tri-sport finished interior $23k

• Charmac 24’ V-nose Stealth car hauler with finished interior $18k

• Other

• Total voters
R
Jan 12, 2023
Colorado
I’m in the market for a trailer and am looking for one unit that can handle all of my needs and that is built to last a long, long time. Currently I will be hauling my two Ski Doo Summits (165 and 175), our friend’s sleds when we go someplace with them, and I expect that we’ll add another sled and possible a side by side to our fleet at some point. The trailer will be stored outdoors in the Colorado mountains, so durability is a must, and we won’t be driving anywhere that actual salt is used (only magnesium chloride), so rust isn’t as big of a concern. I am leaning towards a trailer that is 8.5’ wide with a 20-24’ box, and am looking at both tri-sport models and car haulers with and without V noses and with at least 5,500# torsion axles. Decent used trailers are nearly impossible to come by, so I am looking at new units despite insane prices. I am pulling with a 1-ton Ram diesel, so weight is not an issue.

The trailers currently in consideration are:

Haulmark 24’ Tri-sport, steel Frame, finished interior with heater ($21k)
ATC Raven Base car hauler 20’ unfinished interior $25k
Alcom High Country 24’ Box tri-sport finished interior $23k
Charmac 24’ V-nose Stealth car hauler with finished interior $18k

Any thoughts or recommendations regarding these or other options would be much appreciated!

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
I went through this process a couple yrs ago.
Ordered a Trails West 28’BP. I’m happy with it.
Just like sleds you will hear every opinion under the sun.
Pick what you like and enjoy it. They all have issues.

56pdlx

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2013
Edmonton
I’m in the market for a trailer and am looking for one unit that can handle all of my needs and that is built to last a long, long time. Currently I will be hauling my two Ski Doo Summits (165 and 175), our friend’s sleds when we go someplace with them, and I expect that we’ll add another sled and possible a side by side to our fleet at some point. The trailer will be stored outdoors in the Colorado mountains, so durability is a must, and we won’t be driving anywhere that actual salt is used (only magnesium chloride), so rust isn’t as big of a concern. I am leaning towards a trailer that is 8.5’ wide with a 20-24’ box, and am looking at both tri-sport models and car haulers with and without V noses and with at least 5,500# torsion axles. Decent used trailers are nearly impossible to come by, so I am looking at new units despite insane prices. I am pulling with a 1-ton Ram diesel, so weight is not an issue.

The trailers currently in consideration are:

Haulmark 24’ Tri-sport, steel Frame, finished interior with heater ($21k)
ATC Raven Base car hauler 20’ unfinished interior $25k
Alcom High Country 24’ Box tri-sport finished interior $23k
Charmac 24’ V-nose Stealth car hauler with finished interior $18k

Any thoughts or recommendations regarding these or other options would be much appreciated!

Hate to break it to you but magnesium chloride is worse than salt! They quit using it up here in Edmonton, Alberta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R
Jan 12, 2023
Colorado
Hate to break it to you but magnesium chloride is worse than salt! They quit using it up here in Edmonton, Alberta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to know, thanks! I’m on my way to look at an aluminum neo right now. Then I will be sure to wash my truck once the snow melts and roads dry…

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
I bought an ATC Raven in 7x12, and am really liking it. Definitely not the cheapest trailers, but relatively light and well built.
I finished out the interior and everything myself and use it for everything from hauling sleds and quads, to moving furniture and even camping in the summer(use it like a big tent).

If you are handy and don't mind putting in the time and effort, finishing the interior yourself lets you customize it a lot more. Having everything done by the factory is nice too, as long as you are happy with the spec/price.

Premium Features