• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iceage ELEVATE kit - interesting!!!

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Fts mounts in same hole location on ice age rails
It is moved forward from the stock location. Its close but again, just parts of the little details to keep the balance right when lifting

As for the instructions on the rail side of things. All rail hardware kits should come with information regarding those rail specific installs. Please contact us if they are not included. We are working daily to make sure each rail information is more and more vehicle specific to help aid in the installation process. The bushing swap is being changed as well for our next batch of kits. Trying to make these as user friendly as possible.

Also, that is one CLEAN looking setup. Nice work putting it all together!

Snow Fever

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
BC
I have an Elevate kit coming for an 18' 153 Ascender. Just so you guys know, to get this kit to Canada its 2700.00 Canadian with shipping, duties, taxes and dollar exchange. That's a chunk of change for something that you have to modify to install !!!!!!!!!

NOT IMPRESSED with what I just read about the bushings and sliders. On their website they say ALL hardware to install?

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
The kit is next level. Rode in a normal 12"+ today. Alpha can still sidehill better, and has way better traction/track. All other aspects I like the elevate twin rail MC better. Front end and boards stay out of the snow a ton better. Turns on a dime like the alpha while having more stability and predictability with the 2 rail. Wheelies less than the alpha. Dips a ton less in downhill and off camber hard snow conditions over the alpha. Elevators are nice and easy where the alpha doesnt really elevator easy and just wants to hug the hill more. Which is better or worse depending on what move you are trying to accomplish. Ice age recommends 10psi more in all shocks, but 140 in the rts was too much on setting 2 for me. On 1 it felt way better, but gonna try a bit less psi next ride.

The one thing my friends hate with the alpha over the twin rail is riding with a ski in my track line on a sidehill. The twin rail bites into the hill and lays a 90deg track. Where the alpha lays a downhill chambered more squirrelly line which buck them around more. Its like my highly modded axys 37" front felt but with more stability and plush suspension feel. Which gives you more confidence to go faster in rutted lines and through the trees.

Can ride it more lazy than the alpha which helps fatigue. Just one ride on it and I feel more comfortable with the sled. Both the alpha and this mc elevated are the best Ive ridden and both do certain things better or worse than the other. If I had one sled it would be tough not to want the twin rail elevate more. Still happy to be able to ride both, and will still switch off between them equally. Will probably ride the Alpha on deeper snow days and the elevate in lesser depth

Last edited:

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Great review CO. Now we we needed to get the two elevate kits side by side. Sounds like the Alpha kit works well too. I called Ice Age Friday to ask questions but no answer and my voicemail hasn’t been returned yet.

If cat comes out with a 3.5 track for the twin rails that would be sweet. It’s crazy the traction the alpha track gets.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Is the steering effort increased with the front end raised 2" and the rear only raised 3/4"? I know on my 16' axys when I installed a zbroz 36" front end without shortening the shocks, it raised the front end by about 1" which caused unwanted steering pressure. Once I shortened the shocks to proper length, the steering effort was drastically reduced and the overall feel of the sled felt less fatiguing after the front dropped back down to stock height.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Great review CO. Now we we needed to get the two elevate kits side by side. Sounds like the Alpha kit works well too. I called Ice Age Friday to ask questions but no answer and my voicemail hasn’t been returned yet.

If cat comes out with a 3.5 track for the twin rails that would be sweet. It’s crazy the traction the alpha track gets.
They currently have a 2.6 powerclaw on an Alpha skid(i should have taken a pic). I bet they have a 3.5 pitch on twin rail also.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Interesting stuff, you guys have got me thinking that maybe I should think about buying an elevate kit for my clutched, piped 2015 with the dropped chain case and a TKI belt drive instead of picking up a 2019 Alpha One?

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Interesting stuff, you guys have got me thinking that maybe I should think about buying an elevate kit for my clutched, piped 2015 with the dropped chain case and a TKI belt drive instead of picking up a 2019 Alpha One?

Just FYI there are some other things that need to be done to install an elevate on a pre ascender sled. Can't remember if I saw that on this thread or facebook but be sure to ask ice age if you plan to install one on a 15 what else is required.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Front arm on the rear skid and the rear arm connecting link should be changed to get the correct geometry. You should also have 8 tooth drivers and a drop and roll for best results.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Good news!

I emailed back and forth with Ice age today and they said on a Pre-Ascender Proclimb, if you have the narrowed front end (36") from 2016 and newer, and you have the extended chaincase from the 2017 Mountain Cat. You can indeed mount the Elevate kit on your Proclimb.

It just so happens that I have both on my 2015.

Here's Ice age's response to my question: "You have to have the drop and rolled chaincase and the narrow front end for it to work. If you made those modifications to your sled, you could run the Elevate, but without them it doesn't work."

My response was: "I did indeed add the 2017 Mountain Cat longer chain case with my TKI belt drive kit and I did swap to the 2016 spindles which gave the narrower 36” ski stance. Would it work in this case?

Ice Age's response was: "Yes sir, you'd be good to install the kit then".

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
I emailed back and forth with Ice age today and they said on a Pre-Ascender Proclimb, if you have the narrowed front end (36") from 2016 and newer, and you have the extended chaincase from the 2017 Mountain Cat. You can indeed mount the Elevate kit on your Proclimb.

It just so happens that I have both on my 2015.

Here's Ice age's response to my question: "You have to have the drop and rolled chaincase and the narrow front end for it to work. If you made those modifications to your sled, you could run the Elevate, but without them it doesn't work."

My response was: "I did indeed add the 2017 Mountain Cat longer chain case with my TKI belt drive kit and I did swap to the 2016 spindles which gave the narrower 36” ski stance. Would it work in this case?

Ice Age's response was: "Yes sir, you'd be good to install the kit then".

You will need the 2017/18/19 track tensioner hardware. Also, you won’t be able to drill out the needed bottom hole to gain the 3/4” drop in the front of the rear skid. Look back, I’m sure I put pics in my posts. Also, you will need to order the shim/spacer for their rails, as CO pointed out

mountain man

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Craigmont, ID
Iceage rails!

This questions probably already been asked but I have a 18 with iceage bomber rails already, would like to try just adding the spindles to see if it makes much difference. Cant see the same rails only being tipped up a little more making that much difference. Suppose they'd sell just the spindles?

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
This questions probably already been asked but I have a 18 with iceage bomber rails already, would like to try just adding the spindles to see if it makes much difference. Cant see the same rails only being tipped up a little more making that much difference. Suppose they'd sell just the spindles?

It's been asked. They responded with info about why you should want everything. I remember the response being basically if it was as easy as bolting on spindles they would have just made that the kit. Their testing showed that did not work. You cannot drop the skid with stock rail bend or you will end up stabbing the track and cost you far more than the rails. Call them and they can give you the full run down but I don't believe they will sell just the spindles yet.

Premium Features