• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Loss of mph

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
My bro has a 17 and he happened to look at top speed this weekend and he hit 77MPH.

That just proves that I had turds last year. Anyone that had sleds like mine last year would have never checked new ones. Only reason I did was dealership obligations.

H
Dec 7, 2009
The recall on my speedometer shows 81 mph. Yesterday I barely pulled 60 mph. Didn’t notice the problem till after they did the update
Still does the same in deep snow and pulling long hills just throws out the anchor on the trail. It was also idling rough yesterday and almost dying at idle..

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
850 175 had it up to 85mph for a short bit on the lake 85% break in.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
I have a 17 x 850 x 3"
Also put the 19:53 gearing in on top of all the updates.
I can come down a hill and the engine braking is strong enough for me to stand up and read a newspaper. haha

The orange box is the maximum safe track speed you want to do and will not damage the drive belt from hitting the roller pivot studs and the angle transition on the sheaves in the bottom of the clutch

attachment.php

19-53geaing.jpg

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I have a 17 x 850 x 3"
Also put the 19:53 gearing in on top of all the updates.
I can come down a hill and the engine braking is strong enough for me to stand up and read a newspaper. haha

The orange box is the maximum safe track speed you want to do and will not damage the drive belt from hitting the roller pivot studs and the angle transition on the sheaves in the bottom of the clutch

attachment.php

The pivot stud on secondary correct?

H
Dec 7, 2009
I’ll have to pull my chaincase apart and see what’s actually in there. Going fast isn’t a priority to me just want to make sure everything is working as it should. When my clutch kit gets here I’ll pull the clutches apart and check them for problems.

Premium Features