• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 m6000 153 choppy throttle response.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Like the title says. If you are smooth with throttle it doesn’t do it but hitting drifts for example on and off throttle quickly it wants to hesitate bad. Odd time it wont hesitate but rare. This is a new leftover with 5 miles on it now. Don’t know if it has something to do with breaking in. Did see a post about an accumulator on fuel rail on newer 600s. Wonder if cat would update that or is there an update for that? For a mountain sled that isn’t rideable like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P
Jan 19, 2009
I have an 8000 that does similar things. The worst case was it needed plugs, mine has dual. The research I have found points to TSS a switch that can stutter the ignition and lead to a boggy condition and various other fuel conditions. It is a PITA, frustrating and got me stuck a few times.
On the gas it will clean out and run awesome? The harder you ride it the better it runs?

P
Nov 30, 2015
SE Idaho
Normal?

That's how my 2017 6000 is. I do think it gets better after breakin, so hopefully you see the same. At 560 miles I still notice it, but not much. Maybe I compensate with the throttle control unconsciously, but not sure. I think the solution is the new fuel rail dampener, but I don't want to spend the time or money on it for now. For a 600 though, it is impressive what it can do. There have been some ecu updates since 2015, so you might want make sure the programing is current.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
one of two thing your throttle cable is too tight or your tss is bad. make sure you have the thickness of a credit card in cable slack before throttle cable gets pulled or open the throttle block and behind the pivot pin of the flipper you can unplug the tss. if you keep it unplugged put on a tether!

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Ok thanks for replies. Will have to check out a few things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features