• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 Bd turbo fuel pump power issues!

M

M1000Mod162

Nov 23, 2009
Colorado
So I have a 2010 m8 with bd latest stuff for the m sleds. Finally got it all dialed in and running great. Now here is problem over night my sled Wont start. After investigating the sled I find that it won't power up fuel pump with my bd fuel booster that they use for the Rg kits. If I hook fuel pump up to stock power supply The sleds starts fine and I even took it for a ride today thinking it would screw up and it runs great with everything set up for stock fuel system. So I Tried hooking the fuel booster back up and instantly sled dies out on fuel. Even swapped out the fuel booster with a new one I happen to have but it didn't change anything. Sled was running great the day before with this fuel booster on and again over night it will not run/power up fuel pump with booster on.

So seems like maybe a power issue? Can a stator cause this problem. The booster basically takes the power from the aux 12v power supply and the factory fuel pump power and then hooks up to the fuel pump to give it more juice.

Anybody have any ideas or experience anything that could be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance Ryan

C
Mar 8, 2011
Utah
So I have a 2010 m8 with bd latest stuff for the m sleds. Finally got it all dialed in and running great. Now here is problem over night my sled Wont start. After investigating the sled I find that it won't power up fuel pump with my bd fuel booster that they use for the Rg kits. If I hook fuel pump up to stock power supply The sleds starts fine and I even took it for a ride today thinking it would screw up and it runs great with everything set up for stock fuel system. So I Tried hooking the fuel booster back up and instantly sled dies out on fuel. Even swapped out the fuel booster with a new one I happen to have but it didn't change anything. Sled was running great the day before with this fuel booster on and again over night it will not run/power up fuel pump with booster on.

So seems like maybe a power issue? Can a stator cause this problem. The booster basically takes the power from the aux 12v power supply and the factory fuel pump power and then hooks up to the fuel pump to give it more juice.

Anybody have any ideas or experience anything that could be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance Ryan

Can you verify that the BAP is getting power and is giving an output of power to the pump?

Premium Features