• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

860R in rev

lancelarue

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez, Alaska
Velocity

THIS is your problem...sorry, boyeson tried filling in the 800R intake years ago and failed miserably, they know better...leave the intake...nothing but unwarranted issues with any changes...work the exhaust port /sub ports...needing that much fuel shows your not PULLING any fuel up the nozzle...BJ

Couple of things:
You're never going to make any money filling & grinding reed intake tracts.

Anybody who has ever done it to any extent will tell you that,(if they do all that needs to be done).

One of the oldest concepts is velocity. Any excess volume between carb and crankcase is a detriment. Any excess port area here is a detriment. Slows velocity.

And John, not everybody at Boyeson failed miserably filling intakes!!

Reeds> In the old books they ask, if you grab a screen door with your hand, what's the delay in opening? Not much. Now hook a 10' bungy cord onto it. (I know that's extreme but I'm making a point) Now yard on it.What's the delay?
Now ask yourself how much time do the reeds have to open, and how much time is there before they close? I could look up the #'s @ 8,250rpm, (but trust me, it's not long)
Reeds are the screen door. From the transition between pressure and vacuum AFTER BDC, thats the bungie cord. Quicker response = more fuel / air eventually on top of piston.
Yes, filling the intakes requires more time sometimes to figure out the fueling, mostly in the bottom to mid range for me seems like.
I'm not getting much signal yet on this build,(of course I'm not close to being tuned yet) but if I go too far, I can always take some out. Absolutely no comparison between stock reed box / intake and one that is optimized.

Last edited:
Premium Features