• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avid Driver Measurement.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
anyone running AVIDs will you give me the measurement from the inside edge of the tunnel to the center of the driver. For some reason when i run my sled on a stand my track wonders back and forth about 3/8". Not sure why its doing it. Im thinking i need to move my drivers either in or out just a little. Right now there centered in the track windows.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
What sled is this for?

I had this problem also on my apex, i got 2 rides on my avid drivers and camo track and the sides got tore up. some rivets near the the front suspension mount needed to be grinded down 1/8 inch and it was all good. i found i needed to be super precise with track tension on each side by adjusting then running the sled, adjusting again till it settled at the proper tension i wanted.

i'll measurements tommorrow

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
When I pressed my Avids on I pushed them both to the outside alittle to keep the track from wondering. My drivers have a little wobble in them from tearing my track last year so my measurements might not be dead on(changes as I rotate the driver) but my drivers are about 3 13/16 from the die cast frame to the center of the driver.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Thanks to both of you. This is for an 08 Nytro. thats what im leaning to Nikolai is to press them to be pretty close to the inside or outside of the windows so the track doesnt have much room to move back and forth.

T
Mar 4, 2009
Molalla Oregon
i'm finding the same thing on my MTX with Van Amburg tunnel and CE track. the track is perfectly centered as are my avids, there are two bolts that attach the tunnel to the frame on the left side that will have to ground down just a little so the track doesn't rub on them. no big deal.

Premium Features