• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Yamaha dealer in Alberta

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
I am making the switch to a Nytro. I am wondering what people's experience has been with different dealers in Alberta or eastern BC. I am looking for a competitive price, but technical support and service is more important. Any recommendations?

Also, I have found a few 2008 40th aniversary sleds still around. Besdides the color, is there any significant differences from the standard MTX.

Thanks,

R
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Sask
E&S in Fort Saskatchewan have been really great to me. Darren is there to answer any questions and setup from install is spot on. I am very happy with there sales and service.

A
Mar 10, 2008
edmonton
E&S is the way togo. Darren is the best mechanic when it comes to sled that i know of. Thats coming from a mechanic's point of veiw also.
The sales guys are alright too but i deal with darren directly he wont bull**** you.

T

towerrigger

Jul 9, 2008
There were no real big changes in the MTX. The front end stays the same, also does the tunnel. If you can get a deal for the 08 go for it!

First off why yamaha ? Second of all the price you save buying at a cheap price point is the worst thing you could do when it comes to sleds. Find a good dealer that will take care of you because if you save a thousand dollars buying from a dumb dealer you will lose months and brain cells trying to get them to fix it. And if you think you can buy at one dealer and have another dealer fix it get ready to wait a long time. Yamaha really ? Individual dealers may be better but yamaha canada's response to problems with their products is horrible. good luck. dealer,dealer,dealer ....price your top 4 priorities.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
First off why yamaha ? Second of all the price you save buying at a cheap price point is the worst thing you could do when it comes to sleds. Find a good dealer that will take care of you because if you save a thousand dollars buying from a dumb dealer you will lose months and brain cells trying to get them to fix it. And if you think you can buy at one dealer and have another dealer fix it get ready to wait a long time. Yamaha really ? Individual dealers may be better but yamaha canada's response to problems with their products is horrible. good luck. dealer,dealer,dealer ....price your top 4 priorities.

daaaang, you musta been screwed really really bad. your still just as bent as your first post on the subject!! did you ever get rid of your sled yet???

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
Thanks for all the input. It really helps. The dealers that I have spoke to so far are more concerned with selling motorcycles than talking sleds with me. Seems like I have three reputable dealers to talk to now.

PistonBroke

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Seitzco

In Okotoks has treated me great - wish I had bought my sled from these guys. They have done quite a few MCXpress kits as well.

http://www.seitzcomotorsports.com/profile.htm

Ask for JC, he'll set you up.

Alberta Marine in Nanton is also OK, I would avoid Pro-Am and Walt Healy in Calgary - didn't get a good feeling in these places...

Cheers,
PistonBroke

N
Jan 11, 2008
Cherhill AB
Didn't purchase from Darren at E&S, but still helped me out with questions when i was installing my T kit. Seemed to know a bit about a lot, and liked the fact that he owns and rides turboed sleds for the last while, pees me off when a sales man or mechanic tries to bull S#!$ you and has never seen the hills. Would buy my next one there possibly

Premium Features