• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NO DEMO RIDES!!

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
Have to agree with the valid complaints about Cat's marketing strategy. But the irony of those putting faith in Polaris given their recent 5+ year history of poor performance, engine issues, and owner mistreatment while simultaneously not putting faith in Cat given their recent 5+ year history of innovation, reliability, and performance is comical.:face-icon-small-con

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
why do you need a snowcheck? why not just wait? your gonna have to wait either way? yea i think its dumb cat has no demo rides. but really you cant compare what poo does to cat. cat is almost a 1/4 of the size of poo.

so having this new chassi out probly cost them alot of money, but i think they do a good job for the size of company they are. i went out and bought a crossfire 800 brand new with out even sitting on it, mistake? no because i love it. most of you complaining like little babys say ~i dont like it~ ~not for me~ just goes to show how good a rider you are not being able to adapt to a new chassi.

thats just my 2 cents, i find lots of you are to picky. im an unbiased poo,cat, yam or doo i dont care what poeple will say if they all say they dont like the way it rides, ill try it out and adapt not bitch and complain how i dont like it, it just feels a little off.

ya know?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I think the demo ride thing is over rated, only a few get to ride them and usually on spring hero snow, I have bought 10 new sleds, never had a demo ride, go ask a motorcycle shop for a test ride on a new 12'000 motorcycle and see what they say, I have bought many new motorcycles with out a test ride, just how it is

Bret told me I will love it and he knows how I ride, we had some conversations about what works and what doesn't in the mountains, He says the new Proclimb is the hottest thing around, if you dont get one you will regret it, good enough for me

J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
Why isn't Bret out preaching how good this sled is in public? Thats what Burandt was doing the moment the Pro RMK was released. Just curious.

cjfarm11

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Laurel,mt
I was ready to pull the trigger on a new 800 but without seat time or demo ride i think i will pass and stay with what works. I know it cost money to demo but do they think i doesn't cost us comsumers money to purchase a $12,000 sled? I have been a cat guy from day one, and yes i have rode doo and poo but cat has really let alot of people down on the demo deal.

Numbers are just numbers too me. I like real world numbers that i can see and feel. Lonng live the M-series! ha ha ha

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
Demo Rides

The best demo ride will be a all day ride next fall. With your dealers demo in two feet of fresh. Ride the life out of it and take it back.

I picked up the new brochure saturday from my local dealer. The more I study, the better the new sleds look.:clap2:

S

sledrider

Nov 26, 2007
Wherever the snow is
I bought my 05 M because of Cats demo program.
I bought my 09 M becasue of Cats demo program.
I made a mistake and bought a Dragon 800 without a demo program. Decided then never again
I did not buy an XP because of SkiDoos demo program (thanks doo for letting me try before I buy, good sled but not for me)

I will not be buying the cat in 12 because of no demo program.

I ask the questions....
Are they not ready?
Still in development?
Won't compare well?

Why would they not have this sled out for atleast limited demos?

Premium Features