• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running Boards

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
I rode a buddies sled who had the AC pro mountain boards and they were pretty impressive. I like the plastic grip blocks they use, grippy but not crazy aggressive. I know some guys do have the BM boards with traction screws and they go through a pair of boots a year.

I agree with the B&M statement they are incredible boards but the traction screws take out a set of klim boots every season... I need to try the new traction blocks for them.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I have screws on my alpha and blocks on my MC. The blocks work better than I thought they would. And dont tear up my boots like the screws.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I need to take some pics of what I did with both of my sleds with BM fab boards.

I took out all the traction screws and replaced them with m5 allen screws. I just ran a tap on a cordless drill and it was fairly quick. I've had a few come loose but that also happens with the tapping screws. Red loctite seems to fix it.

One full season on them and I really think that's the way to go. They don't tear up your boots at all. You also don't have that completely locked in feel from the BMfab screws........which isn't always a good thing when you're trying to move around. I literally wore through a pair of boots in two seasons so something had to go. Still clears snow the same, as in you never even have to think about it.

Last edited:

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
BDX Ascender Running Baords

There are some really good companies who make running boards, and BDX is one of them.
BDX Ascender boards are Engineered to be the best running boards.

Why? Well...

-No snow will build up on top of them. The extrusions round and triangular shaped to prevent snow build up, the snow simply falls through the openings. We have also increased how for open it is by the footwell compared to the previous design.

-They are narrower than the stock running boards.

-Built in non slip traction teeth incorporated into the extrusions. They grip very well an are not slippery. The Grip like they should

(no need to screw in the traction screws or cheap plastic grippers that break, like the competitions) But you can always add more screws if you want.

-Strengthens the chassis, less flex. Our new inner extrusion allows for easier installation and extra strength. Engineered to be better than a tube.

-BDX boards are strong!! Very Strong!! They are made of high strength extruded aluminum. We have had no cracking issues, Ever.

-Available in a variety of colors. Black, Lime Green, Green, Orange, Blue and White. Also available natural aluminum so you can get them custom coated any color you want yourself.

They fit all 2018-20 Arctic Cat mountain sleds, 2017 Mountain Cat, and 2017-2019 KingCat M9000's. Also Yamaha MTX Sidewinders 2017-2019.

These can be used in conjunction with our ProMax Induction Hood if you are updating your 2012-2017 Model.

Sale priced at $329.95 and in stock.

Click on the link below and watch the installation video. You will see how the new extrusion design helps make the boards stronger and install easier.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_product=744&controller=product

ascender running boards colors s.jpg ascender running boards 2 s.jpg 2019 alpha a s.jpg

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
There are some really good companies who make running boards, and BDX is one of them.
BDX Ascender boards are Engineered to be the best running boards.

Why? Well...

-No snow will build up on top of them. The extrusions round and triangular shaped to prevent snow build up, the snow simply falls through the openings. We have also increased how for open it is by the footwell compared to the previous design.

-They are narrower than the stock running boards.

-Built in non slip traction teeth incorporated into the extrusions. They grip very well an are not slippery. The Grip like they should

(no need to screw in the traction screws or cheap plastic grippers that break, like the competitions) But you can always add more screws if you want.

-Strengthens the chassis, less flex. Our new inner extrusion allows for easier installation and extra strength. Engineered to be better than a tube.

-BDX boards are strong!! Very Strong!! They are made of high strength extruded aluminum. We have had no cracking issues, Ever.

-Available in a variety of colors. Black, Lime Green, Green, Orange, Blue and White. Also available natural aluminum so you can get them custom coated any color you want yourself.

They fit all 2018-20 Arctic Cat mountain sleds, 2017 Mountain Cat, and 2017-2019 KingCat M9000's. Also Yamaha MTX Sidewinders 2017-2019.

These can be used in conjunction with our ProMax Induction Hood if you are updating your 2012-2017 Model.

Sale priced at $329.95 and in stock.

Click on the link below and watch the installation video. You will see how the new extrusion design helps make the boards stronger and install easier.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_product=744&controller=product

The accusation was made that your parts are made in China, care to comment?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Bdx are chinese made junk. Metal isnt strong, and the powdercoated traction is prone to slipping when iced up. Had them on my 15 so have a good understanding of them. BM fab skinny boards are the best. Stout. Better traction and snow clearance. Cat has new boards out similar to polaris boards. They look pretty good. Skinz plastic cleats cause slipping too. And if you use traction screws on the middle web sections on them they can strip out easily since they dont use thick enough material. Also not a fan of skinz business model or customer service.

I’m running Skinz on my Alpha. Love them. They do eat Klim boots but not my TOBE’ boots that I’m running this year. Soles still look amazing, way harder than Klim. Klim boots are soft and work good with stock boards as they should. They also eat pants. I’m also rocking a TOBE’ onesie this year after 4 seasons of ridiculing them and they don’t have a single cut either. Surprised for sure.
Completely agree with CO 2.0 about Skinz as a company tho.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
If you got an alpha hardcore with the stronger boards, could you remove some of the webbing in the stock boards for better snow evacuation? And not cause a strength issue? I thought i had seen someone do this in the past but cant find pics

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
If you got an alpha hardcore with the stronger boards, could you remove some of the webbing in the stock boards for better snow evacuation? And not cause a strength issue? I thought i had seen someone do this in the past but cant find pics

I really have not experienced an evacuation issue with the stock boards. The only issues I have with them is a little bit of a lack of grip but even that is not too bad. I honestly would not mess with them until you have a few rides on them and decide if you can get used to them. I ran BMfab or cat boards on all my cats previously because I didnt like the looks of the stock boards and though they wouldn't perform. After a few rides there are other places I would rather spend money and effort. I still wish cat would put something a little more ridgid and open on such as their billet boards but as long as its my time and money I will run stock.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
BDX boards on my Alpha and I love them. I've always been a B&M guy, but got tired of the screws tearing my boots up and the snow build up between the round tube and flat tunnel. Just wish BDX made them for Poo as well.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

I removed some of my webbing with a 3 or 4 inch stob that was sticking up. Come up through about 3 inches. Webbing is not very strong.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
BDX boards on my Alpha and I love them. I've always been a B&M guy, but got tired of the screws tearing my boots up and the snow build up between the round tube and flat tunnel. Just wish BDX made them for Poo as well.

I had flat to tunnel plate bar limited bmfab boards on my axys. Still had a ton more snow building along the tunnel over the round bar tubes on my cats. All because of the coolers going to the rear of the axys tunnel.

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I've had b&m fab boards on my sleds the last 5 years. Road a stock alpha for 2 days this winter I slipped more in those two days then I have in 5 years with the b&m fab boards. Yes there hard on boots but nothing pissed me off more then getting stuck or missing the line I'm aiming for because my foot slipped. I'll have a set of b&m fab boards on every sled I ever own.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I Haven't slipped off cat boards in over 4,000 miles. Motorfist stompers and Alphas.
Yes there is some flex up front But not unbearable.

reduce

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Those motorfist boots must have super soft soles my buddy has a pair of those and after six days of riding on his b&M fab boards his boots were tore up worse then my castle boots after 20+ rides

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Those motorfist boots must have super soft soles my buddy has a pair of those and after six days of riding on his b&M fab boards his boots were tore up worse then my castle boots after 20+ rides
The Alpha? They definitely have soft soles.
Older stompers have very rugged soles, like a work boot.

reduce

Premium Features