• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stripped Exhaust Threads

F
Dec 28, 2008
Tisdale Saskatchewan
Engine is in. Trying to avoid removing just for this. I remember years ago using an appoxy type product on a sb chev with the same problem. The appoxy went in the hole. A releasing agent was applied to the bolt. The bolt was threaded in and left in as the appoxy hardened. Bolt was then turned out leaving threads in the hardened appoxy. I can't remember what company made the stuff. Ever heard of this?

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Tt

A short drill bit and a 90* drill and I'm sure I could heli coil just about any holes stripped out on a apex, worst case scenario if your going to do something like what your talking about use a stud and nuts so u can let the stud setup before header install. Also you can pull the motor mount bolts and Rock the motor up a bit if its a harder to get to thread and delta box comes off easy

B
Oct 17, 2004
Kelowna B.C.
The holes in the head are threaded deeper then you think. The stock bolts used with most front mount headers only utilize about a third of the threads. there are longer bolts available from Yamaha, or you could use a stud.
BC.

partsman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver B.C.
I used time serts to repair stripped manifold bolts on a nytro way better than helicoils. The motor was in the sled when repaired.

Premium Features