• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yamaha and arctic cat 200 exhaust gasket fix

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
when i got our 200 it had a rattle so i checked it out and the exhaust pipe was loose on the head. I tightened it up but it came back, so after further inspection saw the gasket was gone and the head mating surface was getting rough and pitted. didnt want to wait for a gasket through the mail since our early snow would have melted by the time i got it so i made a gasket and sprayed some copper gasket spray on it but i didnt like how the exhaust pipe and muffler were 2 feet long and bolted hard to the vibrating engine. i went to napa and got some 1 inch flexible exhaust pipe, then i cut about 2 inches out of the middle of the factory pipe slid the flexible pipe over covering the cutout spot. then i bolted the header to the engine and hooked the muffler up to the springs and then clamped the flexpipe to the original exhaust. should give it a little bit of allowance for the vibrating engine and not work the header nuts loose. also the header nuts on mine were tephlon lock nuts so exhaust melts the locking part of the nut and they can spin loose so i used lock washers and double nutted it. weve got about 5 hours on it so far and seems to be working. i think you could cut out more of the pipe and have a larger flexible portion and make it a little better.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
I'll try and get some. i've got a flipper phone but can steal the wifes phone for some pics

Premium Features