• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bent Timbersled spindle?

S

SnoWest007

Jan 12, 2019
I bought a Timbersled kit off a buddy and noticed that the spacing on the spindle for the front and back mounting points are different. The back has the solid spacer between the fork clamps, but the front has nothing but the fork clamps attaching to it. It looks like the front may have taken a few hard hits as the spacing is 1/4in different from the front to back mounts. I also saw somewhere a while back that people have added a brace between the front mounting holes or used a the front wheel kit as a spacer. Does anyone know anything about that?

Thoughts?

IMG_7250.JPG IMG_7251.JPG

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Exactly. I always run 2 braces. However, better to bend your spindle then your fork lowers. Grind down the front of your ski carbides, and it will help it from catching on logs and rocks. Never noticed any difference on the groomers. However, I don’t ride groomers.

S

SnoWest007

Jan 12, 2019
I just ordered another spacer (same as rear) and the two rear longer bolts and will add these to the front instead of the short bolts and nuts. This will be an easy $30 fix.

Thanks for the feedback!

IMG_7253.JPG

Premium Features