• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This blowing belts is getting old!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Rx1Turbo1 what is the setup you are talking about. I went back through the entire thread and don't see where you named a maker for the weights your are talking about? Can you be very specific about your complete set up and where you got it? I don't have a lot of miles on my 1100T and the first belt didn't make it very far.

R
Mar 13, 2013
Weights

Rx1Turbo1 what is the setup you are talking about. I went back through the entire thread and don't see where you named a maker for the weights your are talking about? Can you be very specific about your complete set up and where you got it? I don't have a lot of miles on my 1100T and the first belt didn't make it very far.

Mr. Murder... Ummm , that did not sound right ....Lol .
I know that he said (Roger) that the weights he uses is out of Minnesota and they were made originally for the Z1 . Roger does testing / lake running / powder riding / radar runs , just to dial the clutches in to the best performance and reliability as possible and not just a set up that is thrown together and shipped out the door to make something a little better . He said that the clutching was terrible in these turbo sleds thats why he did alot of focusing on these . The stock shorty track sleds cant hold onto the belt , so there is no way a modified or long track can . He says that these companys make something to give you a little better performance and thats it (besides get in you wallet) , because they do not have time to do all the necessary testing on 100 different snowmobiles a year . They just do not have the time . I do know that where he works , their race team won the Eagle River World Championship this year against all the Big Guns .

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Mr. Murder... Ummm , that did not sound right ....Lol .
I know that he said (Roger) that the weights he uses is out of Minnesota and they were made originally for the Z1 . Roger does testing / lake running / powder riding / radar runs , just to dial the clutches in to the best performance and reliability as possible and not just a set up that is thrown together and shipped out the door to make something a little better . He said that the clutching was terrible in these turbo sleds thats why he did alot of focusing on these . The stock shorty track sleds cant hold onto the belt , so there is no way a modified or long track can . He says that these companys make something to give you a little better performance and thats it (besides get in you wallet) , because they do not have time to do all the necessary testing on 100 different snowmobiles a year . They just do not have the time . I do know that where he works , their race team won the Eagle River World Championship this year against all the Big Guns .

The thing I see wrong is the words "mountain riding" didn't come into play. sounds like flat lander clutching???

R
Mar 13, 2013
mountian riding

The thing I see wrong is the words "mountain riding" didn't come into play. sounds like flat lander clutching???

I am pretty sure that it would be more beneficial to have more belt squeaze to run a 162" with a 2.6" paddle . Maybe i am wrong ? Less squeaze in the mountians is better ?

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
The way i see it is the belt is slipping in the secondary. A different helix and a heavier secondary spring help that. Biggest problem is jackshaft flex and motor movement. This puts the clutches out of alignment when under full load and no clutch kit can fix that.

R
Mar 13, 2013
driven clutch

The way i see it is the belt is slipping in the secondary. A different helix and a heavier secondary spring help that. Biggest problem is jackshaft flex and motor movement. This puts the clutches out of alignment when under full load and no clutch kit can fix that.

All i can say at this point is that since i did the set up in the primary clutch , i am over 2000 miles on the same belt and nothing else was changed - oh , did i mention that 1/2 the time @ 200 hp and the other 1/2 at 270 hp . i have been through 7 belts in the first 2000 miles . nothing changed in the driven clutch / jackshaft / motor mounts . maybe i just got lucky and all these other problems went away after the first 2000 miles and it was broke in good . I am a firm believer it was in the primary clutch .

R
Mar 13, 2013
squeaze

Not if the squeeze happens to soon, you need max rpm then squeeze, just a different world

Gotta get that monster track moving ...lol . I do not know mountian riding like you would (im kind of jeolous) . It is alot different here in the flat lands . I just know that if i had my sled with a big ole track under her , i would make some serious roosters out there in the deep stuff ... Weeee Hooooo

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Gotta get that monster track moving ...lol . I do not know mountian riding like you would (im kind of jeolous) . It is alot different here in the flat lands . I just know that if i had my sled with a big ole track under her , i would make some serious roosters out there in the deep stuff ... Weeee Hooooo

The problem comes on hits, that style of clutching will get it turning but when you cross a track or go over a bump it pulls down the rpm instead of letting it backshift. very different
Thats the key to the MDS weights more squeeze with better backshift. The TM8 I had would hold the rpm within 50rpm on anyhill. Thats almost unheard of

R
Mar 13, 2013
Morning all

7:30 am , 4" of fresh snow , coffee down for the morning , sled warming up right now ...... Priceless

R
Mar 13, 2013
Weights

It kinda sounds like rx1turbo is describing the heelclicker weights.

akMcat , those are the weights that he used in mine. He said that they were for the Z1 . Those had worked great , but you had to do a whole different calibration/spring set up to get them to work good with the f11/m11 , but that was using the base arms and his own set up . Things are like an anvil . I sure do like the set up though - things made my T.D. sled twice what it was - without belt issues . My brother has a stocker and he even said that it was a HUGE difference in his - his belt issues went away too.

R
Mar 13, 2013
Roger

Yes, Roger he was very good to work with

That is who i got mine and my brothers from. I must have talked to him for 45 minutes the first time and he had it all set up for me when he sent it. For my brothers, i just called him and had him send it - already knew how it worked ...Lol . He is pretty sharp ....

R
Mar 13, 2013
which one is it? I see they have three different kinds, original, two speed, and drag 'n fly. I looked at them when I had my f7 and got talked out of 'em.

They at the drag 'n fly . They were originally for the Z1 . Roger uses those base arms and his own set ups for the 1100 turbo's

Premium Features