• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any guys out there still running standard a-arms on your nytro?

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
Just curious. It kinda seems like I was alone with my zbroz std arms. I've always found the sled quite easy to handle on side hills etc (snow permitting). My "luck" finally ran out yesterday, and I round a hidden rock that cleaned my one lower arm off lol. Just weighing the options if it's worth the grand to swap to the forward arm kits, or if I can even still get these old style arms from zbroz still. I'm still running stock front shocks, which aren't great, but haven't really been in the budget. Looks like CR's kit needs aftermarket shocks to work, not sure on the others yet. Just looking for thoughts is all!
Thanks fellas
Coxy

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
From all reports i have come across all of the newer forward front end kits really help the nytro to handle better. I was running a TS bark buster front end until this year when i switched to the new z-broz +3" forward kit. Unfortunately we dont have an snow and finances prevent me traveling and testing mine.. However just in the shop i can tell the difference the kit has made. I looked at all the options and ended with the z-broz because i felt it was the best kit. I am not knocking the others. i just thought the kit was the best one. If i had to replace the a-arms already. I would really look into the newer kits. Z-broz say you can run the stock shocks with their kit but i can not say for sure since I am running new exit shocks as well.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Just curious. It kinda seems like I was alone with my zbroz std arms. I've always found the sled quite easy to handle on side hills etc (snow permitting). My "luck" finally ran out yesterday, and I round a hidden rock that cleaned my one lower arm off lol. Just weighing the options if it's worth the grand to swap to the forward arm kits, or if I can even still get these old style arms from zbroz still. I'm still running stock front shocks, which aren't great, but haven't really been in the budget. Looks like CR's kit needs aftermarket shocks to work, not sure on the others yet. Just looking for thoughts is all!
Thanks fellas
Coxy[/QU

dont think any of the new forward arm will work with those shocks because they all run the special bering.

Powder Man

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2009
Kennewick wa
I'm still on the stock front end. I've never ridden another nytro to compare mine to but I have no problem holding a line in good snow. Set up harder snow is difficult to say the least but I always just chocked it up to conditions. I'll probably go with a forward arm kit next year but that'll be one of the last mods I do as I don't really know what I'm missing.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
Thanks guys. That's kinda where I'm at too, never rode a forward setup so unsure what the excitement is about. Unless I can buck up for some shocks it sounds like i may be outta luck anyways. Hmmm

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
New for this season we took everything we learned from the last two years of building for the Nytro MTX and improved on it. Still a 39.750” wide +3” forward design but an all new design of the lower A-Arm. We changed how the arm is built in order to allow the shock mount to stay in the stock location. This allows you to run a stock shock without any modification to the shock itself (Saving you money).

straight from the z-broz web site. maybe i am missing something though

Monster Max

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
It's funny because I am running my 08 arms with evol floats and my buddies sled is an 12 with the new style wider zbroz and we both like the old arms better. Don't ask me why, just that anyone who rides both sleds, they prefer the 08. Also the 08's must have used long shocks with the narrow stance because my front is considerably higher.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Well I took the jump and bought some used skinz for my 08 mtx... I will report back hopefully after this weekend...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

C
Dec 3, 2007
Alberta
I bought the Mountain Tech 38" +3" Arms. No need for new shocks with this kit either.
I came from a 42" wide front end that I had no problems with. Only 1 ride on the new front end. Lays over just as easy. Not sure on the forward position though. If it made steering easier or not, may have put weight more forward & better pressure on the skis.
But happy with fit & handling.

I also only changed because of catching a rock earlier this season.

homeboy

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2003
Chehalis
coxy

IMO the best single improvement is the +3 or +4 forward a-arm designs for the nytro chassis, your choice.

Between my son, my brothers, and myself we have 5 Turbo nytros, Two with stock front ends,(brothers to cheap to change) One with +1 Zbroz ( old style like yours) one with +3 Zroz, and one with +4 skinz.

The +3 zbroz is running the stock yammie GTYR shock that came on XTX model, the +4 skinz is running stock fox floats, the +1 Zbroz started out with stock shocks now has exits. The +3 zbroz and +4 skinz is a very noticeable improvement over the +1 front IMO, is it big enough to get me to change my +1 over...no...however if I bent it up I would have a reason to talk myself into it.

And you can run stock shocks, we are as mentioned above.

hope this helps your decision.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
Crap sorry bigfish I accidentally thumbs downed your last reply with my fat finger and iphone!
I really appreciate the feedback on the topic guys. Exactly the stuff I was looking for! I need to see if I dinged the other side up too, if so I think I'll try the forward setup.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
coxy,
I've tried out TS, old zbroz, zbroz 3'' forward and I'm now on skinz chris brown edition 37" wide. I like the narrow ski stance. I also brought my ski in an inch on both sides. In the powder it handles real well. It all comes down to your riding ability. For shocks I went with Works that I bought from Tom Hartman. I had the exit shock which are nice but the works for a pair cost me $450.

Smoke Show

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2008
Fort Nelson, BC
I went with the cr arms because of the narrow front end and still offers the +3. I think the CR arms offers the most narrow setting available... 36.75 I believe it is. That and everyone knows CR offers a quality product. Plus, they are in the same province as I, so it was easy for shipping.

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Ive got a set of brand new never mounted Mountain Tech +3 arms that Id like to sell. They are made to use stock shocks and spindles.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
If mountaintech's arms are anything like the skid plates, they must be nice pieces! I believe I found a guy with the same arms as myself, that wrecked the other side, if we can work it out that'll get me going again. Still really interested in the forward setups.
Before I changed my sled up, the thing could side hill for days, even with 40" stance and 10" skis, forward stance should be magical. If only I didn't blow all the budget on skid/track/post/bars/etc etc this season haha

Premium Features