• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wide Running Board Kits for 900s...anyone interested???

A

ADHD

Nov 29, 2007
Minnesota
boards

Thank you god of snow!! I am very interested in a pair of those. Those tapering non snow eliminating boards on the 9 have got to go. Sign me up.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Quebec,Canada
A friend of mine approached me about making some Wide running boards for his RMK 900. And i offered to help him get the word out there and see if it was something he would be able to make and sell some sets of them to my buddies on snowest..

Its all in the planning and design stages at this point, but i wanted to get the word out soon, so get an idea if anyone was interested in getting a set this summer for the sleds now that sledding has come to an end :(

Essentially, they would be similar to the SKINZ Airframe boards, but would incorporate the coolant down the running boards (like the VE tunnel boards).

If there is a market for WIDE boards from the console to the rear cooler AND a kit that TAPERS in like the stock running boards, that could be an option if there is a market for them.

144/151 tunnels would be different lengths then 159/166 boards as the rear cooler is set back, so it would take some time to get them setup for each model...

He has asked for a price of $350/set at most....but depending on market and setup, it may vary...but that is the best price for now.

if you are interested, please PM me, or reply to this post and if we can get say 5 guys interested, he can start getting some mock ups and update the build progress of them so you would be able to see them..

They will have built in traction down the outter edge, and screws on the cross bars like below...

Attached is the SKINZ boards...would be SIMILAR, but NOT exact...
runningboards.jpg

Hi, just for curiosity, what size of tube are you gonna use for these boards??

C

cwrolson

Jan 27, 2010
Williston, ND/Billings, MT
Here is the preliminary mock up

The pipe will be 1" and 3/4" od 6061 alum. 1" on the outer and inner rails and 3/4" for the other. Here is a pic of what I"ve come up with. The wheelie step isn't exactly like it will be, but everyone I showed a pic to said "where's the wheelie step" so I bent a chunk of pipe and threw it on.
53thg0.jpg

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Looks pretty sweet, even that step doesn't look bad. Once you weld a mount bracket to the step it will look better and should act as a brace to make everything stronger. That heat exchangers turn up further forward on the 144-151 tunnel than they do on the 159-166 which I like better.

S

svrdram

Jan 1, 2008
Detroit, Mi
I like these as well. I was considering buying a dragon wide borad insert and trying to make it work. I think I'm in for a set for my 600 with is the same tunnel..

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I like these as well. I was considering buying a dragon wide borad insert and trying to make it work. I think I'm in for a set for my 600 with is the same tunnel..

is that a 144/151 tunnel? if so he doesn't have one to mock them up on. Anyone want to drop theirs off?

These ones are one the 159/166 tunnel and the cooling hoses are farther back.

S

svrdram

Jan 1, 2008
Detroit, Mi
is that a 144/151 tunnel? if so he doesn't have one to mock them up on. Anyone want to drop theirs off?

These ones are one the 159/166 tunnel and the cooling hoses are farther back.

Ahhh, must have missed that part....yea mines a 144/151 I didn't know that the coolant location was different on them.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Ahhh, must have missed that part....yea mines a 144/151 I didn't know that the coolant location was different on them.

One of mine is too. If I can get mine up there, he can take measurements on it.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Your in Detroit? I fly there on Monday. I work for a company based in Rochester hills.

C

cwrolson

Jan 27, 2010
Williston, ND/Billings, MT
pic

here's a pic, I don't know if Chris deleted it cause it was too big or what but I'll try again. This is a mock up and in the final product, the kick in on the outer rail will start at the wheelie step on the final product. My brain wasn't workin when I did these cause I was grunting so hard to bend this steel that my brains popped out my ears! I will refine things when I get aluminum tomorrow.
25rdz46.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
as you can see he has been slaving away on the boards...as for when he will have all track/tunnel length boards and when they would be ready to ship...he will have to make that call...

i myslef have been UBER busy as well with personal things and preparing for my 4th Iraq Deployment in Oct....this is why i have not been on here much...but I will help the best i can to pass info or help out until i leave...again!!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
We just talked on here like a week ago and I said I wasn't making those boards for the shorter 144-151 tunnel. So no, there hasn't been any progress. I might have one of those sleds available to build mock up from, but it wouldn't be for awhile, a long while probably.

That's what I just said. It will be a long while unless someone want to loan their sled for development.

Premium Features