• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
H

Hbmtr

Feb 11, 2010
carnelian bay ca.
I am 172lbs naked. TMI? ;-) In my latest video with lots of jumping I am bottoming out quite a bit, and I wouldn't say these jumps are huge by any means, but that's the limit of my forks. I'd like to go bigger but I either need a whole lot more powder to land in or heavier springs.

http://youtu.be/n_V8d7zkqNo

Jethro your latest vid with your bike in the truck is classic sarcasm! I am thinking more is better on the spring rates,maybe even 54's

J
Dec 27, 2010
Heber utah
Jethro your latest vid with your bike in the truck is classic sarcasm! I am thinking more is better on the spring rates,maybe even 54's

I was hoping someone would get a kick out of that...

ya know I was thinking on my last ride, my 0.52's actually hold me up for regular riding just fine. (but now that I say that I think about some corners and stuff where I thought the forks didn't hold me up...) Anyways, I think all the re-valving I did to make them more plush for trail stuff is potentially the problem. It's just blowing through the stroke with ease.

I just picked up a stock 2007 CRF450...with a CR500 motor in it. This will be my snowbike in the next couple weeks if all the stars align correctly. It has stock suspension on it and so I'm thinking this is a perfect opportunity to try the stock valving with my heavier springs. I'll throw them in and see if it really is the valving or if I simply need to go heavier on the springs. It's gonna be fun!

H

Hbmtr

Feb 11, 2010
carnelian bay ca.
I was hoping someone would get a kick out of that...

ya know I was thinking on my last ride, my 0.52's actually hold me up for regular riding just fine. (but now that I say that I think about some corners and stuff where I thought the forks didn't hold me up...) Anyways, I think all the re-valving I did to make them more plush for trail stuff is potentially the problem. It's just blowing through the stroke with ease.

I just picked up a stock 2007 CRF450...with a CR500 motor in it. This will be my snowbike in the next couple weeks if all the stars align correctly. It has stock suspension on it and so I'm thinking this is a perfect opportunity to try the stock valving with my heavier springs. I'll throw them in and see if it really is the valving or if I simply need to go heavier on the springs. It's gonna be fun!
I am sure the 500 will be bad a$$,

Premium Features