• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wheel kit for Aro

B

brojoe

Jan 12, 2011
What are guys using for a wheel kit for the new Aro? I really liked the Yeti free wheel kit design, but its not offered for the new TS.
I am not a fan of the 4 wheel cart either. I was thinking about making a set, but it would be easier if I could buy.

Any recommendations?

J
Dec 19, 2015
Turn the adapter around so the wheel mounts to the rear of the spindle and have a longer axle made.

Or the quick clip wheel kit will be available soon.

20171105_211719.jpg 20171105_212028.jpg Screenshot_20171118-195127.jpg

I went with motion industries pivot wheel kit. Great kit for moving bike around and should work well for loading. Have not tried loading yet recovering from back surgery so waiting till end of December to ride again. Kit retails for 299.00 in Spokane, WA.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Timbersled has a wheel kit for the ARO. PM me if you are interested, we have them in stock.

Snowman269

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2010
CO, MN, MI
I went with motion industries pivot wheel kit. Great kit for moving bike around and should work well for loading. Have not tried loading yet recovering from back surgery so waiting till end of December to ride again. Kit retails for 299.00 in Spokane, WA.

I really want a wheel kit, but I'm waiting to see if it makes sense to upgrade my Timbersleds ski or just sell the kits and upgrade the whole shebang.

Hope you're healing up good! Anytime I hear back surgery, uff da, scary! Take care

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Don't waste your money on the ski unless your purchasing a kit .

Put some angle iron like the arrow ski on your TS ski and you'll be fine .

The new ski is a rigid ski and the TS ski is some what a flexi ski so why do you want more arm pump ?

B

brojoe

Jan 12, 2011
Does the motion industries kit work for riding up the trail to the snow line? Is there a link to the website. I can’t seem to find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I have a shop full of new bikes I’ve been building and moving them around is a problem. I will have to make some kits up there is no way I’m spending $200+ for any of the kits I’ve seen.

SuperchargedWS6

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2010
Does the motion industries kit work for riding up the trail to the snow line? Is there a link to the website. I can’t seem to find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Motion engineering kit is not designed for riding down the trail. They said their bracket and axle is strong enough, but the plastic spoked wheels are not. Would likely be be easy to retrofit more robust wheels if required.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

SuperchargedWS6

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2010

I ordered one of the first kits shipping. Should be here in a couple days. I believe the intro price was $299 and regular price is $399

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
I built my own with $25 in steel and two $12 wheels from harbor freight. Just got the 12" airless wheels with ball bearings, a 24" piece of 5/8" all-thread, 5/8" square tubing, and a few small pieces of 2" angle iron.

Works well for loading/unloading and moving around the shop. Not too sure about riding it up the trail... The axle does not allow you to lean, so maneuvering at speeds above first gear would take some practice.

I'm way too cheap to spend $200 plus on less than $50 worth of material.

Premium Features