• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ride Reports?

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Its been a week and we only have one vid of a none sponsored rider, and not any feedback? Cmon skidoo let the people try this thing out! If you've ridden it and your not on any manufactures payroll chime in, post your thoughts and better yet someone get a video comparing old with new on the snow. We all love Dave and his use of the word super but we have got to have more from the people! :face-icon-small-ton Anyone?....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ658gYyTgQ

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I thought I read in a post that DPG Deep Powder Guy was going to be riding one. Haven't read anything from him. I wonder why? I have only read negative comments lately about the XM from him.

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
I have an axys 2.6 155. About 1800 miles on it now.
I live in revelstoke for the winter. About 70 days so far.
My riding style is steep, deep, and trees. Not much of a jumper or wide open climber.

Last edited:
J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
Ha ha ha I wish. Have to use my 1 ton dodge for that. On a side note the snow was so deep this morning that I couldn't see where I was going all day. Started raining/misting at 11AM and got heavy and turned to sludge. Hope the snow in sicamous area didn't get like that because i'd really like to try the new sled in some good quality snow.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I thought I read in a post that DPG Deep Powder Guy was going to be riding one. Haven't read anything from him. I wonder why? I have only read negative comments lately about the XM from him.

I reported on another thread I was not able to arrive on time to the remote area .... The word from those that did was Nimble, Big Torque and Easy 2 Ride similar in many ways to the XM.

DPG

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
Just got back from the ride. Love the new engine it rips! It feels like a better version of the existing t3. Narrower, less input, and faster spooling. However it still does not sidehill like an axys. It will probably out climb an axys and unfortunately I wasn't able to bring my sled to the ride (the motor has about 100psi compression and the SLP pipe has a huge crack in it). The 154 3" is a violent wheelie machine. I thought it was pretty damn fun. The 165 2.5" was a little more planted. Didn't get a chance to ride the 3" in the long track as that was the sled everyone wanted but it looked like it climbed very well from what I saw.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Just got back from the ride. Love the new engine it rips! It feels like a better version of the existing t3. Narrower, less input, and faster spooling. However it still does not sidehill like an axys. It will probably out climb an axys and unfortunately I wasn't able to bring my sled to the ride (the motor has about 100psi compression and the SLP pipe has a huge crack in it). The 154 3" is a violent wheelie machine. I thought it was pretty damn fun. The 165 2.5" was a little more planted. Didn't get a chance to ride the 3" in the long track as that was the sled everyone wanted but it looked like it climbed very well from what I saw.

Do you feel like the G4 154 wheelies more than the t3 154

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
Yes but I'm not sure how they had the limiter set up. I'm sure if you suck it in a little bit it's more manageable but it felt like the skis hardly touched the ground. Sidehill wise I still had difficulty getting the front ski to drop when I give the track a shot of brakes. Here is a little clip from today...

http://youtu.be/A-hSAOSf4Vs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Are they still a little rolly polly when sidehilling rough stuff? Do you still have to really be on your game?
Did it get rid of the drag from the boards and body?
Do they still have a tendency to stuff the front end in the snow and then that is where the width and length of the boards combined with fat side panels really showed on the xm?
Does it crawl up on the snow way better or do they still trench a little? These are the things that the axys just kills the xm.
Is it a glorified xm or something way better?
That is a lot of questions but we both ride an axys so i am legitimately interested. I'm not giving up my axys but I got my wife a 165 cream sickle.

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
There were 7 other riders there who are all current skidoo riders. They really liked it. It's similar to what they are riding and does everything better so that's not surprising.

They sidehill better than the current XM chassis that is forsure. I spend most of my ride on one ski so i'm very picky about how the sled handles on edge. I want it to hold a line and have the choice of going up or down. Had trouble getting the front ski to drop even with a shot of the brakes and weight on the front of the board. I had no issues with trenching.

I think this new machine is a very legitimate upgrade to the current XM. Better handling, more power (that motor is so good), and narrower.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Good to hear, I rode one in a field with crap snow, was not impressed. Hopefully in real conditions I will be. Riding one tomorrow.
My feel was that it felt more like an Axys than my T3 Doos. Kinda hard to initiate a sidehill compared to. Long front end. But again, just in a field. And my Doos are dialed now, with correct springs and skis.
Wasn't impressed that the warmers are combined.
Liked the panels and the way they attach.
Would have preferred the high/low beam to have stayed on bars, I ride a lot in the dark and toggle back and forth a lot.
Like the different module, but it still looks like it has both modules, just the S being cast. SO unless I am wrong, it means a bent E module every time, instead of getting away with just replacing the S on hard hits?
Like the bars, can rotate them to correct position without getting "swing".
Hate the gauge, tiny and hard to use/see.
This one is definitely a prototype. They sure better move that brake caliper assembly or cover it, boots are going to rip the rubber bleed cover off instantly, and eventually a boot is going to damage the valve.
I was expected to be blown away and just wasn't. Will report back after real ride time on the hill tomorrow. I am sure my opinion will change. And if not, I have a Kitty here that I AM impressed with, maybe time for a change.....

Premium Features