• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil Bottle

Yup... there are a couple solutions. The first is mostly for the neck tube being out of round... you can buy a inside washer to drop in the neck which fixes that... the other one that works is to purchase a Polaris Edge chassis oil cap with the breather. This cap fixes the leak too.

Hope that helps!

Yeah, if you go with the polaris cap, make SURE that it has the vent in it, if not, drill a tiny hole in it, I guess some flatlanders were lockin' there motors up because after a while, the vacuum would starve oil to the pump and seize motors.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
I found this problem with mine last year when I rolled it on top of my self and my buddies didnt realize I was missing so i had oil dripping down my face for 20 min.

O
Dec 13, 2007
Polaris cap, BRP cap, and insert

Look to see if below the 2-3 threads the resevoir has cracks in it that you can only see after the cap is tightend on the bench. Previous owner would tighten cap to much.

Figured that out after buying Poo cap, different BRP cap , installing insert and still had leaking resevoir. I would check this first.

A

autowrench

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Lake, CO
Same comment. I fought this problem for years, bought the insert only to find the tank was cracked between the threads. I was looking for a vertical crack when it was horizontal between 2nd and third threads I bought a new tank. Maybe you can find a way to repair your tank. Good luck!
Tom

Premium Features