• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mounting Garmin 655t Rhino on XM

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Any thoughts on a case for adding the Rhino to the XM? Is the Ram case the ticket? I am thinking of mounting on the bars, as I am adding a Diamond S hood as well. Want it close enough to be able to add the RSI power cable as well....

..... Thoughts? Pics of installs?

Thanks,

Ace

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Will you use it as a radio also?

Ask because of a post from a guy here that got his leg caught in the tunnel/track.

How would you call for help with it mounted there?

Anyways, something to think about. Of course carrying on your body, wouldn't be so handy for gps.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Would be using as gps and radio. I don't want it on me as I don't want the interference work my beacon...

...haven't had my leg get caught in the track, so that isn't on my radar...

Ace

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Hear you on the beacon, mine is picky about getting along with stuff.

Still seems like a person needs a worse case scenario plan. Spot doohickey or something on your person to call for help.

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
Had the ram mount on my quad and it worked great. Stuck it in the tunnel bag on my sled and it fell out when I forgot to zip the lid closed, still looking for it.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I put mine like this with a ram mount.

Its just about usless for GPS without stopping anyway. screen is always covered in snow. i may just carry it in my coat pocket next season.

Last edited:

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
I would not mount on the handlebar, it is bothersome to me to have it swinging back and forth when steering. I bought the round 4 hole 1/2 ball for a flush mount. Then simply find your spot on or near the dash and make a backing plate to help support it behind the plastic. I used a 1/8 piece of aluminum and just pop rivited the two together with the plastic smashed between. I can see it next to the gauge pod and if I need to radio I usually just lean over the bars to talk. I dont have a pic but it works best for me and my buddies.

Premium Features