• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat ZL 440, Good Idea?

M
Nov 11, 2013
Boise, ID
My 10 year old is in dire need of a larger sled. The 120 is struggling to keep him moving. I was hoping to find a Polaris 340 Classic but have not had much luck. I recently found a Cat ZL 440 for a decent price. What are your thoughts?

U
Oct 26, 2014
Minnesota
Go for it! I started out on a Kawasaki Invader 340 when I was 6 and it was a heavy pig, then rode my fathers EXT 580 until I was 10 but it was so heavy I couldn't get it unstuck myself or start it myself and would walk miles home when stuck in the field or ditch. Then he bought a 1997 ZL 440. Me at the age of 10 could start it myself, muscle it around when stuck and ride alone because it was so easy to handle, start, and I could unstuck it myself. It's a great lightweight sled and a blast to ride even now that I'm 26. I inherited it and am saving it for my son when he is old enough so he can learn before juming on my M8000s. Buy it and don't look back!

M
Nov 11, 2013
Boise, ID
How old/big is he?

He is roughly 60lbs.

Go for it! I started out on a Kawasaki Invader 340 when I was 6 and it was a heavy pig, then rode my fathers EXT 580 until I was 10 but it was so heavy I couldn't get it unstuck myself or start it myself and would walk miles home when stuck in the field or ditch. Then he bought a 1997 ZL 440. Me at the age of 10 could start it myself, muscle it around when stuck and ride alone because it was so easy to handle, start, and I could unstuck it myself. It's a great lightweight sled and a blast to ride even now that I'm 26. I inherited it and am saving it for my son when he is old enough so he can learn before juming on my M8000s. Buy it and don't look back!

Thanks for the input. We usually build a little track on the property and figured I might have to take it for a few laps every now and then.

Premium Features