• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installed ZBroz Steering Post and 38 " Arms on 12 PC

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
Well I Finished installing the ZBroz Steering Post and the 38 " A Arms on my 12 PC800. Fantastic fit and finish. Ground the spindles and the steering radius is great, and turning effort is easy. Here is a little install info for any one that has not done it yet.
When you are ready to install the post, and all linkages are unhooked.Turn the handle bar left until it hits the stop and scribe a line on the vertical post and also on the aluminum cross bar. Turn the bar to the right and scribe a line when it hits the stop. Now split the difference you have true center on your vertical post for your handle bars.

When you install the new ZBroz post it does not have the stop built into it like the cat post. This makes it so much nicer and gives more turning angle. After you get the post bolted in. Center the bell crank and scribe a line on the post just below the top clamp and on the clamp also. These reference lines on the vertical post and ZBroz post will be your true forward lines for the handle bars. Now hook up the link between the vertical post and the Zbroz post now and adjust if needed so both lines are correct.

I then installed the new tie rods and aligned the skies with the track and set toe. For me it was a lot easier to align the skies last virus trying to adjust the handle bars to hit the stops last.
Once that is done then you can grind the spindles for maximum radius down at the A Arms. This set up is way better than what cat came out with as
stock. Hope this saves time and effort for anyone else doing this needed upgrade. RickM

RickM

Premium Member
May 25, 2006
Central Wyoming
IceDog Install Time

Hello IceDog,

It took me right at 4 hrs. from start to finish. I did all the work right on my trailer, was easier that way, than stooping over for me. I did the post first, and centered the post and handlebars.

Replacing the A Arms was easy, I used a automotive pickle fork to pop out the ball joints. I didn't take too long to grind down the spindles last.

Four hours and now it rides a lot different. Took me a while to get use to it
being so narrow. One thing a person can do if it is too narrow, is now move the ski out to 39 and keep the spindle tucked in. I like the 38. I sent the shocks in while I did the A Arms.
four hours well spent. RickM

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
Steering effort any harder then the stock steering post?

Yes. Even more so with powder pros. But only on the trail and although a little annoying who cares. IMO significantly more on trail steering effort than my M8 with Mod Skis.

Tha gains on the hill FAR outweigh any sacrifice if that is where you are looking for gains.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Premium Features