• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

reverse not working

J
Mar 11, 2010
I am looking for help on how the reverse works on these 900s. I have a 2005 900 switchback, I removed the engine last week to install new crank seals and now that the engine is back in the check engine light flashes all the time not 3 or 5 times and the reverse won’t work. When I push the button noting happens.
I have the electrical drawing and I have checked all the wires in that system back to the ECU (computer) and they are all good.
Does anyone know how the reverse works on the 900 and what else can I check?
What does it mean when the light flashes all the time?

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
I am looking for help on how the reverse works on these 900s. I have a 2005 900 switchback, I removed the engine last week to install new crank seals and now that the engine is back in the check engine light flashes all the time not 3 or 5 times and the reverse won’t work. When I push the button noting happens.
I have the electrical drawing and I have checked all the wires in that system back to the ECU (computer) and they are all good.
Does anyone know how the reverse works on the 900 and what else can I check?
What does it mean when the light flashes all the time?

Whats your idle RPM?

Did you double check ALL your connections?

J
Mar 11, 2010
I have the gas tank out now so i can check the wiring but i think that the RPM was around 1700 RPM. I have checked all the connections and cant find any problems so far. Do you know how the reverse works? Does anyone have the electrical drawing from the ECU connector to the stator?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
so the check engine light DOES flash...count the flashes carefully...it will flash "X" times, then have a 2 second pause...

it will not go into reverse UNTIL the check engine light is fixed...your motor is in "LIMP MODE"

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
if you watch the flashing light there will be a slightly longer pause between the flashes that is the break then start counting till the slightly longer pause. there is no code for continuous flash there is a pause you just have to catch it.

it will keep repeating the code. here is the code list

90020trouble20codesoo6-1.jpg

B

bustamove

Oct 31, 2010
when i put my engine back in at 2am.. lol probably my problem. but i miss routed my tps sensor wire and it was rubbing on my brake disc. so i would check your wiring. yea code 1 did seem like a constant flash. but mine ran like POOO when i had a tps problem.. miss fires.. bogging at WOT

J
Mar 11, 2010
I cant find the wiring diagram for the TPS i have the manual for the 900 RMK, but i dont see the TPS on it. Does anyone have a drawing to help me check the wiring.

J
Mar 11, 2010
Thanks for all the help, i have found a broken wire on the plug going into the TPS sensor, fixed the wire and no check engine light and reverse works good, now to sell this sled because i just got the new 2011 800 assault switchback, i hope this one runns better then the 900s.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
glad you got it going now..

your lucky you asked for help, before you made that comment about the way the 900 runs...

line your new pro up againist my 900 and see if you agree your $12,500 sled has more ballz!!

Premium Features