• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sled is almost done...........

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Well am getting close to getting my simple track change done....
Picture260.jpg

Picture253.jpg

Picture254.jpg

Picture257.jpg

Picture262.jpg

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
That looks great!! really like the red running boards and tunnel sides, you should be able to go a long way with that huge gas tank. I hope your sled works as good as mine with the new update.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
That looks great!! really like the red running boards and tunnel sides, you should be able to go a long way with that huge gas tank. I hope your sled works as good as mine with the new update.

thanks trench..not sure I am going to run the tank or not..got it at a great price but man is that thing fugly....as for the update...mines always ripped pretty good..hope it continues too....

H
Nice!

Looks nice Mike, I like the black rails also. Did you put the stock track back on or go with something else? I put the trail tank on my D8 and I like the black much better, but if it gives you that much more mileage ugly might be worth it.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Looks nice Mike, I like the black rails also. Did you put the stock track back on or go with something else? I put the trail tank on my D8 and I like the black much better, but if it gives you that much more mileage ugly might be worth it.

I put on the 2.5 camo -x..after watching doug spank us last year with his..just didnt see a reason not too..also added curts(fastrax) drop and roll .....

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
That sled looks awesome now... Way better with the red powder coating.

I'd bet that that Trail Tank with some good graphics would look real good too.

Two thumbs up on the design & install of your tunnel rack, running board & bumper mod.:beer;

akrevrider

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Im glad you said that tank is fugly because man, it hurts my eyes!!! Other than that it looks good!

you arnt kidding.. a wrap is going to be on it if I keep it....
That sled looks awesome now... Way better with the red powder coating.

I'd bet that that Trail Tank with some good graphics would look real good too.

Two thumbs up on the design & install of your tunnel rack, running board & bumper mod.:beer;

akrevrider

thanks jim...gotta few things to finish up but its real close...how did you do on yours?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
The black tank actually looks pretty good. The clear is nice if your gauge breaks though...

Two questions, does the Camo trench less than stock? Does the drop and roll kit just give better power transfer over stock?

doug last year on his 07 D-7(well tuned,ported, clutched ) was neck and neck with tim and I..any of us could get the mark on a good day..doug did this track with curts drop and roll and his sled was in a league of its own..where we(including 09 cats with the pc) would mark out at doug would just keep on going...not even close..and this was over 3-4 weekends..all sorts of different deep powder..the drop and roll helps everywhere, less aproach angle, way more tunnel clearence(mines over 1 and 1/16 in. at tightest point)just allows the sled to go.....

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Whats your estimate as far as hours to install? Who'd you order your Camo through?

tracks usa has cheapest price..but I bought everything from curt...if I would have been doing just the track and drop and roll...a day..its pretty simple(figure a weekend to be safe), if you have ever done any tunnel work it shouldnt be a problem..an air hacksaw works about the best for doing it

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Very nice!!!

I really like the home made tunel sides.. super clean work...

Good to have that clearance on the track huh?

The tanks with the wraps are actually decent looking... plus you know how much gas you have with the clear tank at all times...

H
Does Curt have a website? Air hacksaw. I have a lot of tools but that is one I'd have to add to my list.
I'd like to catch up to you one of these days that you come my way to ride to see how this new XP I got compares and if I want to spend the coin on my D8. I switched the track on the XP and heard it was one of the best mods you could do on the D8 as well. I loved my D8 last year when it was running on two pistons but wished it trenched a little less. This sounds like the ticket.

Premium Features