• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

List your '09 M1000 Problems

B
Apr 4, 2008
NW MT
I just picked up an '09 M1000 Sno Pro 162 for my son and was wondering if the sled has had any problems that everyone seems to deal with. Maybe I could address these issues and save some trouble with this information.

Also, will the sled take a Y pipe and can without a fuel programmer...I've heard it will, but want to be sure?

Will it take a BDX air box kit too (w/o programmer) or is that pushing my luck?

Thanks for any info / advice.

BL

PS I searched the forum and didn't find much...maybe I got lucky and bought him a trouble free sled, RIGHT!

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Get some guages.

I am sure you will get more information than you ever wanted.

But the best insurance you can have is a set of EGT guages or A/F guage.

I wouldn't run that sled without one or the other. Personally I have EGT's and they have saved me numerous burndowns. Burned it down twice before the guages. Simple Y pipe, and can. without a box. Not a good combination on mine. Had to install a BD box to cool it down.

Thunder

N

never enough snow

Dec 7, 2008
i know two sleds that have a1000 miles on them y pipe and can run better then my 08 slp set up 3000 to 6000 feet riding

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
The biggest problem I have with mine is that If I clamp the throttle and climb it pulls the skis up and climbs ungodly high. Great sled. An 09 has a leaner fuel map than the 07 and 08. A can OR a y pipe would be okay without a fuel controller. If you are going to do a y pipe, can and air box you will need a fuel controller.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Can for sure no problem. Y-pipe - , not sure someone else will have to throw .02 in. Air box , definitely need a controller. I had an '07 M1000 with just a can. I now have an '09 M1000 with a full SLP single and a BDX intake. Night and day difference. Best sled I have ever ran. Love the KOSO gauges to keep an eye on things and know where to put more fuel to it or take it away with the BD box. After the first few rides to dial it in - I have not touched a thing. People are having belt issues but I think I broke mine in properly and mine looks damn near new with over 600 pretty hard miles. Have fun with it!!

How about a Y-pipe and a can w/o a programmer...skip the air box?

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
I have had trouble blowing belts on 09 1000. Installed vents and cured the problem. I also tore a rubber mount on the motorplate. AC covered under warranty. Tail light burned out the first of Jan. and is still on back order. I would run just a can and leave it alone after that. These 09's run really good. No need to mess with a good thing if you want a pull and go sled with warranty. I honestly think it ran better with the stock can. JMO

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
the slp can works well. I know a guy that runs y-pipe and can and gets away with it but he is in a high elevation area 8500-11000ft. here is what I think,

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134414

I am running the slp pipe set bd box and running a lot more fuel than slp starting numbers

I added a bdx intake and oil delete, I knew I would need more fuel but only wanted to increase in the same areas as my box was set so I bumped the fuel pressure up 3psi up to 47-48psi total and my egts stayed real close to the same with the same bd #'s. Thus its apparent you need fuel with bdx intake.

stock the 060 belt works a lot better, still working on clutching with mods

my problems- scuffed a piston 57miles no mods, oiler sticking, needs venting, broke the seat plastic( rode my 07 a lot harder and never broke it) steering post are week and loose, to much snow build up on running boards,snow flap is pain in the a$s, no gas rack( stupid) and it didn't come with lessons from a mnt goat. and stock to stock I wouldn't trade it for any other sled.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i have a speedwerx y-pipe and can, plus an air intake mod on my 09 1000....i also have a bd fuel controller and egt.....no way could i run it without adding fuel, too hot.....just get a can....good clutching alignment and side vents, it will run well with little problems......

C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
Here is what I have on my 09 M1000: D&D Y-pipe, Ultra Q can, BDX intake.
I ride 5000 to 8000+ feet and I have no programmer or fuel pressure regulator. Have 300 miles w/o any issues:) Must of been one of the lucky few w/ normal fuel pressure from the factory. To be on the safe side I did jump up to 92 octane fuel though.
I will say that if your oil pump is @ or near 20-1 you will run way hotter than if it was around 40-1. Oil does not cool. Fuel does.....
Oh, and same 046 belt that I started w/ 300+ miles ago..:rolleyes:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Here is what I have on my 09 M1000: D&D Y-pipe, Ultra Q can, BDX intake.
I ride 5000 to 8000+ feet and I have no programmer or fuel pressure regulator. Have 300 miles w/o any issues:) Must of been one of the lucky few w/ normal fuel pressure from the factory. To be on the safe side I did jump up to 92 octane fuel though.
I will say that if your oil pump is @ or near 20-1 you will run way hotter than if it was around 40-1. Oil does not cool. Fuel does.....
Oh, and same 046 belt that I started w/ 300+ miles ago..:rolleyes:

with the slp y and can only I was running 52psi to keep my egts down at 8-10000ft, stock was 44psi and a stock pump is set to run no more than 47psi.
At 47psi it would pull no prob for a few seconds but after 5-10 sec the egts start to climb, at 52psi I was still getting in the 1200 + temp range on long pulls.
You should go make a 10 sec all out WOT pull and check your plugs, its only a matter of time. truth be told if you add some fuel to it it will prob pull harder as well.
I always run at least 91 octane with mods, but I do weigh around 250 with gear, if your a light weight it may not get hot as fast.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
two buddies have the 'thousands (09 and 08) and its always been blowing belts after 2-3 rides.. they geared down and have clutch vents have improved the belts life..

Last edited:
Premium Features