• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 turbo problems

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
i havent had a chance to tear down yet, but i dont think it sqeeked. I only made it 20km down the trail today, everything was normal and then the O2 shot up and sled bogged and died out, shut off. Motor did not lock up at all, pulled pipe, couldnt see anything. Had compression. Put in new plugs.

Sled started right up, but only went about 200ft and same thing.

Didnt see anything leaking cut or anything, fuel pressure normal at idle. PLugs werent white, looked normal, bit wet.

Is there any sensor that could trip out or something?

i dont run the stock guage btw.

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Where is your fuel sensor that used to go into your stock air box, did it come unplugged or giving a bad reading causing the ecu to spike more fuel? Sounds like a fat bogg.

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Um i dunno, i will look into that.. My only regret not building the motor myself, to get familar with everything. Keep the ideas coming, thanks guys

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Not enuff octane. you detonated your motor.

I will know today, but i dont think so, cause i was only pushin a whole 2lbs up the trail.
08 M1000 built by shain.
Also wondering about fuel pressure.. Tyhe guage seemed to drop pressure way quicker than normaal when the sled was shut off. At idle it was normal but i couldnt see if it was dropping when i started moving

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
On my first ride out on my '09 TM1000, when I would let off the throttle my sled would die like this. I had the throttle a little too tight and the sensor on the flipper was killing the sled. Backed the cable off a little and never had a problem since, starts 1st pull and runs flawlessly.

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Does it happen as you let off the throttle, steady throttle, full throttle? Can you duplicate it in your garage? The way you describe it sounds electrical, no motor problems. Check your throttle flipper switch like stated before.

L

little_orange_cat

Apr 7, 2008
lynden
www.myspace.com
hey my sled did that yesterday and it wouldnt start so i pulled the plugs and pored some fuel in it and she started right up and ran fine the rest of the day im thinking there was just an air lock in the fuel line

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Coming out of your ecu box will be 2 wires with a blue (on mine) connecting clip. the sensor will connect there and it should be laying somewhere along your clear hose coming out of your ecu. Shain puts them somewhere around that vent for the turbo where it used to exit the stock exhaust.

M

m8matt

Nov 26, 2007
I had a fuse go on mine....kinda did the same thing. Loaded up with fuel and wouldn't run good. Replaced fuse....good to go!

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
has to be something electrical.. Just poured some fuel down and nothin, my o2 guage lite up tho as i pulled???

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Have you tried unplugging the temp sensor, I believe it is the yellow connection up near the steering. This seems to be a norm with Turbo"s, some guys put a switch to make it easy. Anyways, unplug it and start the sled, let it run for a minute and plug back in. I have only had to do this once, some guys I have seen do it everytime they start the sled.

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
thats the only one i could see, it looks good. Seems i hyave no spark.. Could all 4coils go dead at once???

Premium Features