• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Questions on a 06 M7

Hey everyone, Im buying my first ever Arctic Cat. (always rode Polairs) Im getting a 06 M7 153 and was just wondering if theres anything i need to know about these that would be helpful info. Hardly ever ride on the trail so wondering how they ride in the powder and if theres any mods that are a must for it. Thanks for any info

Powder Pro

C
Nov 15, 2009
Breckenridge, Co
You are going to love it!!!

I have same sled. But dont be supprised when you think it is underpowered!! (depends what polaris you were on) This is a reliable powder loving machine forsure. I would maby buy the front nose vents first or a 162" track because those are awsome!!

Enjoy and if you ever have Q's about it let me know!!

M

MTnickmck

Mar 11, 2009
Missoula, MT
Small geometry issue with rear suspension. The M's need a plate insert, which is used on the lower mount of the front skid arm. THis small plate will raise the lower arm fastening joint about a couple inches and greatly improve the rear handling characteristics. The plate I bought is HRP and it was like $25.

My sled is 141 and goes everywhere I need it to plus it is much more mobile in the tight woods than the long track machines. 153 should be plenty of track to get you where you need...

Small riser of 3-4 inches goes a long way with the M's.

Sweet sled and good luck.

NM

A
Mar 30, 2009
My favorite low budget mods are fuel pressure regulator (in tank), EGT's, oil injection adjustment, orange/black arctic cat primary spring,, rox rollers in secondary, and weights in the primary to raise your peak RPMs to around 8 grand (depending on your altitude).

Premium Features