• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 M7 bog

I
Dec 20, 2022
North Dakota
Hi, I have a new to me 06 153 M7. It has an aftermarket can (don’t know the brand but it’s loud - debating ditching it). It runs pretty strong til 6500 +/- RPM and then it’s like it hits a rev limiter and falls on its face. It appears that maybe the belt is riding a bit low in the secondary. Most of my riding has been playing in a field and riding on ungroomed trails. Unfortunately, I don’t know the whole store on the sled but it’s most recently from MN and that’s my area as well. My mechanical ability is about a sophomore level but I’m will to try. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Usually 6500 is APV issues check your cable adjustments, pull the cover on apv motor make sure it cycles when you fire it up , check and make sure someone didn't use cheap oil and the valves are all gunked up . Can't condem clutching until rpms are correct thinking that sled should be bout 7800, draw a sharpie line on primary and secondary sheaves from shaft to outside ,if rpms and shifting is correct most if not all of the marks will be erased by the belt if shifting out correctly , secondary belt should ride 1/16 above top of clutch erasing the mark primary maybe 1/4 "or so below don't remember exactly ? Check power valves first probably the issue!

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Usually 6500 is APV issues check your cable adjustments, pull the cover on apv motor make sure it cycles when you fire it up , check and make sure someone didn't use cheap oil and the valves are all gunked up . Can't condem clutching until rpms are correct thinking that sled should be bout 7800, draw a sharpie line on primary and secondary sheaves from shaft to outside ,if rpms and shifting is correct most if not all of the marks will be erased by the belt if shifting out correctly , secondary belt should ride 1/16 above top of clutch erasing the mark primary maybe 1/4 "or so below don't remember exactly ? Check power valves first probably the issue

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
You may want to go to Country Cat home page, click on technical information. You can then access a service manual or operator manual lots of good info there. I do agree with the APV being out of adjustment or sticky, also check your belt dimensions and deflection. I would also inspect both clutches for wear. Any time you get rid of a noisy can that's a good thing!!!!!! Good luck

Premium Features