• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
RG3 suspension in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho has come up with a Snowbike setting for the forks that works extremely well and keeps the front end from diving. The feedback so far this season has been AWESOME! The Timbersled staff endorses the valving specs by RG3 on their personal Snowbikes and are excited about the way the chassis handles. We have customized numerous forks and have come up with a setting that enables the bike to ride on top of the snow by transferring the load of the motorcycle off the front end, which ultimately enhances the rider experience.

M

MAINJET

Feb 16, 2009
Coeur d Alene
I had my forks done by them and it still dives when I get off the gas. My compression setting was 13 clicks out. I just set it to 4. Haven't tried it yet. Will that help much? Are there other things that can be done to help with this problem. Thanks

M

MAINJET

Feb 16, 2009
Coeur d Alene
It was done as a snobike. I will call them tomorrow. Just saw ur thread and was wondering how changing from 13 clicks down to four would effect things. Thanks

doo181

Premium Member
Jan 23, 2008
North Idaho
RG3 suspension

I have RG3 set up from Motion Sports on my 2015 timbersled/ ktm 525. The difference is amazing. They have tested enough to get the set up right. You should give them a call!

S
Jan 5, 2015
Snow bike suspension

I paid for the heavier springs and rg3 snowbike valving, works 100% better on the trail. I think the biggest difference ended up being a lighter front end and no hard hits. Feels like the front end floats better and I'm not getting that hard front end slap. I think it's well worth the investment as I leave my bike a snowbike year round.

Jan 10, 2015
rg3 suspension

Motion Sports RG3 also did my snowbike suspension. since doing so, my bike rides more like a dirtbike and couldnt be happier!

N

Northwestguy

Apr 1, 2010
Panhandle NID
Mike at C&M in Hayden, ID is also doing a snowbike revalve with heavier springs too.
He's got my 14' KTM 4CS forks right now that grenaded inside after my first ride on the bike. WTF?

C
Jun 27, 2014
Hope to test mine this week. I have .60 springs with stock ktm 525sx valves. Hope it works good. This is something I'm going to change in the off season if I don't like my set up.

N

Northwestguy

Apr 1, 2010
Panhandle NID
Well that's moderately comforting as it sounds like an isolated instance........
Unfortunately my wallet is the one that paid the price.
$300 in parts just to fix the failure.

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Shawn at Motion Sports in CDA did the full meal deal on my 300 build: springs and valving. Really works well.
Now I need to get my 450's forks to him so we can dial in spring rates and valving on the 450's.
Blaser

J
Dec 27, 2010
Heber utah
I love my 0.52's on my 450, but if I could have found a stiffer one I think I'd still prefer it a little stiffer. But still, 150% better than it was last season on the stockers (which are 0.48 I think)! Right now my clickers are right in the middle, I may turn them all the way in just for kicks this weekend. But ya, it's the spring that holds you up, not compression/rebound settings.

H

Hbmtr

Feb 11, 2010
carnelian bay ca.
I love my 0.52's on my 450, but if I could have found a stiffer one I think I'd still prefer it a little stiffer. But still, 150% better than it was last season on the stockers (which are 0.48 I think)! Right now my clickers are right in the middle, I may turn them all the way in just for kicks this weekend. But ya, it's the spring that holds you up, not compression/rebound settings.

Hey Jethro just curious as to how much you weigh when riding? I have .48"s in my 07 crf,but i raised oil level to max level and adj.compression dampening to hardest level.
works ok but i am 155 pd"s.

J
Dec 27, 2010
Heber utah
I am 172lbs naked. TMI? ;-) In my latest video with lots of jumping I am bottoming out quite a bit, and I wouldn't say these jumps are huge by any means, but that's the limit of my forks. I'd like to go bigger but I either need a whole lot more powder to land in or heavier springs.

http://youtu.be/n_V8d7zkqNo

Last edited:
Premium Features