• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clicking Noise form front of Track

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
2017 Axys 163 x 3. Finally home to get some ride time. Getting sled ready and noticed that when I turn the secondary by hand I am getting a clicking noise from the front of the track. Possibly from the drive shaft. Can turn it backwards and it turns about 1/2 of the track rotation before it starts clicking. When turning it to go forward it will be quiet until you get to where it was and then start clicking again. Took off secondary and same result. Took off chain case cover and all was good and still clicks. Started it and ran it and then shut it off and still clicks. Not ratcheting. Any ideas what it might be?

Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
If you have the sled on a stand when your hearing this noise its likely the track clips hitting the front of the rails. Its normal for it to do this, and doesnt hit when you ride the sled.

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
Checked the rails and that isn't it. Thanks though. It almost sounds like you are bending a spring backwards when it clicks.

eyefish123

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2010
Northern Idaho
Had chain case opened twice. Found problem. It was just the track being dried out or whatever happens from sitting all summer. Sprayed some Fluid Film on the drivers and on the track on the clips and noise all went away and track turns much easier now. Will put it back on stand and check it when I get back from riding tomorrow. Thanks for all the help guys. Good Riding!!!!

Premium Features