• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled problems (turbo sled)

X
Feb 4, 2013
I have a xlt600 with an aerocharger turbo, sled has been sitting for 3 years, the problems I'm having is that it seems like I'm using an excessive amount of throttle for the speed I'm going, the sled don't have much power at the moment, and it seems like when the sled has extra strain on it, such as going up a decent size hill or deep snow, the power just cuts right out, but not a bogging sound, could these problems occur if my clutch is messed up or carb is dirty/ out of tune

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
If its been sitting for 3 years first thing id do is pull your carbs and clean the hell of out them.

to add to this, I would also go through the clutches. Replace springs, and clean them up. I would consider replacing any fuel lines, and cleaning the power jets. You may also want to send your turbo off to get checked over. Its possible to get rust on the bearings in the turbo, if its not in a climate controlled enviroment.

Did the fuel sit in the sled? That all needs to be cleaned out, maybe a new fuel filter. Depending on where it sat and how much fuel was in the tank you may have a ton of condensation and varnish build up from the fuel.

It could be a bunch of things, it just needs a good clean up.

X
Feb 4, 2013
Thanks dude, another thing, went for a tear with it today, still not running great and hit some deep snow so I went to give it some more throttle and it just slipped and started revving without gaining speed, I'm thinking maybe the stock spring is getting weak from the extra power the turbo was kicking

J

jwentzer

Mar 16, 2010
Colorado
Both

I would change both springs and clean/inspect both clutches. If the problem still exists, you then know it's more than likely not your clutches.

Premium Features