• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Would anybody like to have a quick adjust belt deflection set up?

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Anybody hate the "washer system" on the new M sleds??

Looking for interest in a quick adjust method/system for the 2010-2011 M secondaries....

Let me know your thoughts regarding this via this thread..

Thanks

Kelsey

kraftymike

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
I had one of the screw in/screw out belt deflection adjusters on my last sled. Absolutley loved it. Made adjusting my belt deflection a 2 min adjustment, and in the event of changing a belt, it made it way easier than the usual horsing around. I was steered away from these on my current build because I was told that there had been some major issues with some clutches coming appart with these adjusters from multiple manufacturers. Can anyone expand on this? I hate the washer gimick and miss the deflection adjuster, but don't want to create any potential problems.

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
Whats different than what you currently offer with your clutch setup. It currently comes with a BDX adjuster. Would be interested in something easier than that. Also with my current setup I've noticed with the bdx adjuster completly removed the secondary clutch shievs are completly closed which one would expect, well if I put any deflection via the BDX adjuster there is to much "deflection" in the belt. In other words both shieves neeed to be completly closed in order for the belt to ride at the right height. I've installed the kit correctly too, double checked.

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
I use the AMP belt deflection adjuster and like it. You do need to make sure that the allen bolt stays tight, it comes loose easier than you would think.

The 2010-11 clutches do NOT have a threaded shaft, therfore; the BDX adjuster has nowhere to thread into.. The BDX, amp, etc. etc. adjusters work fine on the 2005-2009 seondaries but will not work on the newer ones.. so, I am asking specifically about the 2010-2011's

Thanks

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I`d be happy to see just a washer kit with the in between sizes I need to get it right.

Make them a different color so I wont forget them in the sled at trade-in time and have to make new ones every year LOL.

M

mhanson

Dec 12, 2009
If you can make it simple so that if you pull secondary off for some reason when you put it back on you are right back to the right setting, like the washer system.

A buddy had the bdx on his 09 and it was pain in *** cause every time you pulled belt or clutch off you had to reset it. Way to much work....

Honestly, how can it get much easier than putting in or taking out a washer....Once you remember if you need more or less washer to go whichever direction its pretty darn simple.....

Put a little note on your belt cover....more washers= tighter belt.

Simple and reliable!

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
The 2010-11 clutches do NOT have a threaded shaft, therfore; the BDX adjuster has nowhere to thread into.. The BDX, amp, etc. etc. adjusters work fine on the 2005-2009 seondaries but will not work on the newer ones.. so, I am asking specifically about the 2010-2011's

Thanks

my bad, i wasn't paying close enough to attention. if i had a 10 or 11, i would very much be interested.

Vernon

thumper450

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Bozeman, Mt

Thanks

My amp one works just fine on the 2010 M8

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
I would be interested as well I have used the SLP one and it was pretty good except for the allen head bolts that hold the deflection adjuster in place they liked to stick in and made it kind of a pain to adjust when the clutches warmed up

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
A buddy had the bdx on his 09 and it was pain in *** cause every time you pulled belt or clutch off you had to reset it. Way to much work....

Too much work? Tell him to make a mark with a ink marker and count the turns..... Once he knows how the belt feel when properly adjusted he won't need to count turns...

Kelsey,
If you build it, I'll take one for the '10

Premium Features