• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I'm not a push turbo guy- but very cool

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO

Already have something like that which is blue tooth controlled, no cords, they still wont do what a full on scanner will.
I also want the ability to remap if I want, more like "efi live" a phone may be capable but on a very small scale, a laptop the few times you may want to use it to map or adjust parameters just as well have a cord. You would have a hard time creating a map with a cell phone. The phone would be good for data collection though. I guess I just want it all, without some kind of option it is going to be hard to trust someone elses mapping (I've been burned to many times trusting others) when I know twisted kits work. But at least its heading in the right direction.

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
Already have something like that which is blue tooth controlled, no cords, they still wont do what a full on scanner will.
I also want the ability to remap if I want, more like "efi live" a phone may be capable but on a very small scale, a laptop the few times you may want to use it to map or adjust parameters just as well have a cord. You would have a hard time creating a map with a cell phone. The phone would be good for data collection though. I guess I just want it all, without some kind of option it is going to be hard to trust someone elses mapping (I've been burned to many times trusting others) when I know twisted kits work. But at least its heading in the right direction.

From what Brani said at haydays you will be able to tune yourself. After looking at screen shots of the software it looks very similar to EFI live.

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
I just want a data cord and application to hook to my laptop to access and see what is going on if needed, then it could all be done online or over the phone.

I too would want something like this....I too need to be able to "Play" and review setting etc and would have issues with having to send my unit in for minor adjustments. For my Harley I have a race tuner which allows me to adjust my stock ecu (too bad Cat didn't come out with something) and can adjust for just about any engine size and performance parts/gains available. I like it, I'd be happy with something like that for my HCR.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

Just from a standpoint of the cord, no reason BT can't compare, it has more than enough capacity to transfer the data we'd need for this type of application. If something is lacking, it won't be that capability.

As to cell phone... depends on the app & the particular phone. New phones have sizable screens, and dual core 1ghz+ processors... faster than a laptop from about 5 years ago. 3 years ago I would have agreed on both points, but now... just can't. I get realtime info on my phone in moving graph form from my house miles away over a cell connection, BT is MUCH faster. (you can link by BT to your laptop as well though)

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I Agree BC, it all depends on the app and how user friendly, would still like the option to pull up a laptop with a full size screen see a full layout of mapping. The phone would be a plus for on hill usage, especially for data capture.

The limited access we get in the sled market to keep us from screwing it up is a joke, I know some do and then blame it on someone else, but when I have full access and blow it up I know its my problem, but if someone says trust me do this and it goes boom, still my problem but I'm going to b1tch like crazy about it.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
This thing sounds awesome but it seems like they are getting them more and more like trucks. The average person won't be able to work on them. It just makes me nervous when i read a bunch of posts that they couldn't get a hold of the guy. Everything says done by push turbo. I guess he has a dealer network set up now. Customer service is the make it or break it for me. I guess my two main concerns are
1. Does this thing run as great as they claim.
2. How is the service from push turbos from people that have dealt with them before?

B
Jul 29, 2011
AT
that is a very good question.

when you have a problem with your m8, are you ringing AC? no.
you call your dealer.
the same system is push using. if there is a problem, ring one of those dealers from the website and those guys are going to help you.

This thing sounds awesome but it seems like they are getting them more and more like trucks. The average person won't be able to work on them. It just makes me nervous when i read a bunch of posts that they couldn't get a hold of the guy. Everything says done by push turbo. I guess he has a dealer network set up now. Customer service is the make it or break it for me. I guess my two main concerns are
1. Does this thing run as great as they claim.
2. How is the service from push turbos from people that have dealt with them before?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
that is a very good question.

when you have a problem with your m8, are you ringing AC? no.
you call your dealer.
the same system is push using. if there is a problem, ring one of those dealers from the website and those guys are going to help you.

IMO
I may call and ask but I quit taking dealers advice years ago, just like on this forum you get as much info as you can, use as much sense as you have and make the right choice. If you do your research and understand a system start to finish it is near impossible to fail, other than uncontrollable factors which will happen every now and then no matter the application.

I have trusted AC dealers and A/M dealers a few times with my m-series and its cost me thousands. When I have control I have caught major problems and kept my sled running.

This system seems to have potential but not giving me full access is not good enough when I know other systems that are proven for many many miles.

Unless they are giving a bumper to bumper warranty on a pull and go setup that is comparable to the one you get with a stock AC sled. Then I might jump, maybe. I would rather just have access so I know its doing what it should.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
My .02

This stand alone is either going to work or not. I look at it like this if it works like it should its a no brain er right. OK so hear is what it will not do. It will not fix turbo install issues. It will not fix octane issues, and it will not fix boost leaks but it should help protect the engine.

I have found that almost 85% of the time when someone is having an issue with their turbo its not always tuning but that is the first thing they blame it on. I am even guilty of this trying to tune out a outer lining issue.

This is what i think is going to be the key elements of this system. First is that the initial programing is key. From there it will monitor and adjust as needed. Do I think it will be flawless? No

This is why I say that because peps will not all keep basics the same.
Fuel pressure
Fuel Octane
Boost pressure per octane.
clutching
all factors in how a turbos runs.

That is why its going to be key that shops set up the system and try and keep them all the same. ( meaning educate customer on how the system works and the keys of keeping the parameters of the initial set up)

I am excited about the system and think it is a move in the right direction. Its about time we get caught up with the automotive industry.

With this being said is it possible for the individual to be able to tune there own I would say yes but it is very pricy for one application.

IMO
I may call and ask but I quit taking dealers advice years ago, just like on this forum you get as much info as you can, use as much sense as you have and make the right choice. If you do your research and understand a system start to finish it is near impossible to fail, other than uncontrollable factors which will happen every now and then no matter the application.

I have trusted AC dealers and A/M dealers a few times with my m-series and its cost me thousands. When I have control I have caught major problems and kept my sled running.

This system seems to have potential but not giving me full access is not good enough when I know other systems that are proven for many many miles.

Unless they are giving a bumper to bumper warranty on a pull and go setup that is comparable to the one you get with a stock AC sled. Then I might jump, maybe. I would rather just have access so I know its doing what it should.

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
This is what i think is going to be the key elements of this system. First is that the initial programing is key. From there it will monitor and adjust as needed. Do I think it will be flawless? No

And this is where tech support is going to be key. Everyone is different, I might want to change my setup from a stock pipe to a turbo pipe or install and inter-cooler...would I be required to return the ecu for reprogramming or will I be able to adjust? From your comment of "monitor and adjust as needed" we're talking about a closed loop system based on AFR, air mass?

I think the idea is great and applaud Push (and the industry) for finally moving out of the dark ages. I look forward to seeing further developement on this project.

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
I think the idea is great and applaud Push (and the industry) for finally moving out of the dark ages. I look forward to seeing further developement on this project.

You need to throw a lot of the credit towards Branix its his baby. Push has a great kit IMO(I am a little biased), but they are teaming up with branix for the stand alone.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
This is why I say that because peps will not all keep basics the same.
Fuel pressure
Fuel Octane
Boost pressure per octane.
clutching
all factors in how a turbos runs.

With this being said is it possible for the individual to be able to tune there own I would say yes but it is very pricy for one application.

The ecu should monitor fuel pressure and boost, I can see how octane will effect and the stock knock sensor is not real precise, so if you could enter a octane level the ecu would adjust, Clutching is completely up to the builder but the rpm has to be accurate to the mapping, the ecu should read rpm and tune accordingly as long as its within range or just turn back the power.

It may not be to this level yet and using a A/F on a two stroke only works at wot so there has to be other sensors, I understand the challenges of the system. I also know its not cheap.

From what I understand there are sensors etc... I want to see all the info the ecu see's. weather it is egts, A/F, timing, knock sensor, rpm, TPS, F/P, etc... it would be nice to be able to record it but at least if I have access to the readings I can be confident its doing what it should. Then all I need is if I think something should be or needs to be adjusted I can link up to a computer and make the changes, even if they modify it and I download it. I don't want to have to drive hundreds of miles to have something done and then if it still doesn't work have to go back.

I am not trashing BRANIX for what has been done, I am very impressed and more so he is the first to hit the market with the system. Well done Branix!
I am merely putting My Opinion out there.

Q, is it possible to establish a rev governor much like you would find in newer vehicles? not ones that cut out completely but ones that start slowly cutting power after peak rpm, just a safety system in case something is wrong or if for some reason its not on target ( for instance starting at low elevation and then climbing 5000ft. I would think it could be done just with boost adjustments to maintain a certain level of hp/rpm at all levels.

Last edited:

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
Wyo you said you want to see what the ecu sees. I am not sure what branix's ecu is going to see but his optional display can show: RPM, MPH, BOOST, EGT, WATER TEMP, AIR TEMP, ALTITUDE, HP, FUEL, OIL, O2, TPS, INJECTOR DUTY CYCLE, MAP 1 or MAP 2, KNOCK SENSOR, SENSOR FAILURE, (taken from push's website.) With all this info it should be VERY easy to tell when you have a problem. But this is all based on the info for the prototype so we will have to wait and see if the production units keep all the features.

Dakota Performance has a picture of the prototype display.

smoking_powerstroke

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2007
North Dakota
where did you find a pic of readouts,

The list of the read outs is from Push's website. The picture of the display is in this link, first row of pictures on the top, first picture on the right. Not a very good picture, blurry and a little glare but gives you the general idea.
I got to see it at haydays and as long as its not crazy expensive I think it would be worth having. Now you can get all your info in one spot.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Went and searched the push website and found more info, here is the link and info on the gauges, sensors, etc... my apology for posting about it without searching hard enough. Thanks S_P

http://www.pushturbo.com/PRO-800.html
NEW PUSH TURBO ECU (replaces stock ecu) with boost control, knock sensor, 2-EGTs, power valve control - opens under boost not rpm, timing, altitude compensating, Bluetooth programming, 2-different maps with switch on bar, 2 extra injector wiring, Totally programmable by PUSH TURBO.

Egts no mention of A/F ??? controlled powervalves- I was wondering about that and think this is sweet! Bluetooth- tell me more.

http://www.pushturbo.com/home.html
The ECU will support some stock dashes with RPM and MPH only. There will be a new dash available that is water proof, heated and visible in all light conditions. The dash is programmable by PUSH TURBO to display some engine functions, such as RPM, MPH, BOOST, EGT, WATER TEMP, AIR TEMP, ALTITUDE, HP, FUEL, OIL, O2, TPS, INJECTOR DUTY CYCLE, MAP 1 or MAP 2, KNOCK SENSOR, SENSOR FAILURE, PERSONAL MESSAGE WHEN STARTED,(ie. your name etc...) and much, much more. There will be ECU and DASH kits available for most existing PUSH TURBO kits.

says dash is programmable, but not that it will say it all, just how much info can you read on the dash/ or program.

Also said the rg kit comes with a I.C., would like to see it.

What about oil injection delete, which would take different programming.

Premium Features