• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear Suspension Mods/Upgrades for 36" Front End on 15 and Older Pro Climbs

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
I added the Fox evol on the rear track shock with the revalve. Helped a lot with handling in all areas of riding. I have a pro 600(wife's) also. I don't ride it much. Just a quick help up a hill or out of a hole or zip around at lunch. I prefer my Proclimb over that. But that's an argument elsewhere x 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did that shock bolt right in or did you have to change some stuff? I just picked up an Evol R for my 14 & there doesn't appear to be enough clearance.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Now I have added the 2017 Mountain Cat chain case and a TKI belt drive and a 3" Powerclaw. I bet my sled will be even more tippy until I can get the time to get it figured out.

Do you guys have a suggestion for the pressures on my front Fox 3 air shocks?

Also, if this doesn't work out, I am considering a Z Bros 38" front A arms but, I have had my front Fox 3 shocks modified (rods cut) to accommodate the 36" Cat front end. I don't think that will work?

I still have the 2015 rear skid with shortened up rail caps. I'm also wondering if maybe I should be adjusting how many threads I have showing below the lock ring on my front track shock?

I've got 3/4" of threads on the fts. Seems about right for just the right amount of ski lift. 60-65lbs in ski shocks. It's not a real great ride on the rough, icy, whooped, etc trail ride in, but off trail it's great. So fun now that I've figured it out. It only took about 500 miles!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I'm the same way. I went from pretty much hating my sled to damn near loving it after I did the Mountain Cat dropped chain case and belt drive. I ended up just rimming my rail caps and running my 2015 rear skid and the sled works great. Yes, I have 11-12 threads showing under the front shock lock rings and 135 PSI in the rear and the fronts are 60 and 62 PSI on the clutch side. When I decided I really loved my sled was when I rode a new Skidoo Gen IV 165 and couldn't wait to get back on my sled.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
SHOCKS

I just sent all of my shocks to Nextech in Sherwood Park for revalve and Evol chambers. I hear it is worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Not pumping my chest out,,, have said this for years. First thing is to mess with your shocks, it's not voo doo. There are several places to send your shocks to that will have a good setup just like clutches. Look around locally too, where you live as well, here in Washington there was a cat shop that had a snow crosser on staff that had great shock valving for the mountains here. He wasn't well known for his work but did a great job of putting a shock package together that worked. Sadly, that shop closed, and I no longer know where he is or if he's still in the sport at all...

I
Sep 23, 2016
I love how my 15 handles with just the front end upgrade and stock rear skid. Its tippy but after a day I pretty much got it down, im pretty confident on it. Isnt always the best thing around trees...some I seem to find are much to big for traction hahah

Premium Features